HELP PLEASE ASAP!!!

My stepfather was taken to the hospital while having a heart attack, then while in the hospital he had another.He has a lot of fluid buildup around his heart as well. They put on a Nitro patch on his chest to keep the heart attacks under control and they are taking him to the Baptist Hospital and they said he would be in ICU..He was told once before that he wouldnt make it through another open heart surgery..What are his chances that things will be ok? I dont know what to say to my mom to help comfort her bc I dont know how serious it is and I never dealt with a situation like this so I cannot relate in any way. I have not been close to them since I grew up in fostercare since I was 13,but it doesnt mean i dont wanna be there for her....Can someone please help me out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Health

• None of us know sweetie, all you can do is go with your Mom and be beside her, face what comes together and you will be okay, we can't predict the future. Be guided by the doctors, they have had years of training for this.
    I hope all goes well
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My prayers are with you and your family.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm not looking for medical advice, I'm just looking for words to help comfort her... :( anyone know of a good bible verse I could use to maybe give her a piece of mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Thank you so much...
    Anonymous

• Sorry my misunderstanding. Don;t know a bible verse, but I would say" He is strong and determined and is in the very best hands right now. He has everything on his side and we just need to trust the doctors to do their best. " You also need to accept that you don't know what to say, and that is just fine too. You've never faced this before and it is an unknown. He really is in the best place and the best hands.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010