How did you get your kid's names?

i named my first son Prince cause my husband is my King..

then i named my daughter who is next to him, Priscila, cause it is close to Princess as the girl version of Prince.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would have never thought to name my kid prince. thats cute :)
    my daughter is named caytlin, just because we liked the name :) and our next will be bradey if its a boy or madysin if its a girl
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I named my first Zarek because I was reading a romance novel (yeah he's going to just LOVE me when he finds that out LOL) and the hero in the book was named Zarek. I'm still pregnant with my second. My fiance and I have a deal, if it's a boy he gets to name him, if a girl I get to name her. He picked Vincenzo (Vinnie for short.. he's Italian) and I like the name Cadence My fiance is a musician with the Marine Corps and Cadence is a musical term plus I LOVE it!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• my mom came up with my daughters name --it was a mix of my husbands and my middle name ..and my sons name -- I just liked it and it "went" with her name
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:48 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• With DD Ashlyn Jade we combined my name "Ashley" and my moms name "Lynn" and I just liked the name Jade....But with this LO (supposed to be a boy) we are naming him Evan James because my maiden name is Evans and he will have his daddy's middle name!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Oh kay so my sons name was a off of a list of names I gave to my husband as okay. We were fighting too much. So Ieft him a list the first list were acceptable first names, then next to it were middle names. He went down the list and picked out our son's name. Grant Alexander.
    Our second child got her name from a soap. I loved the name Sierra and let my husband pick the middle name. He wanted to name her Savannah I was like too southern belle. I went into early labor and as a present to me he let me have the name as a gift. Thanks honey.
    Our third child I was 32- weeks along hot and miserable sitting in my house and I asked my husband to come and sit down next to me on the couch- he said "uh oh what did I do wrong now" I said I have a name for this baby "Berott Ames" he said okay I like it. The name is his Grandmas first name and my g-f middle. His grandma died that night. She is reincarnated in our little girl.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I named my son Jude, after my favorite Saint and miracle worker St. Jude.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Hubby and I wrote down all the kid names we liked on little pieces of paper. We then put them in a can and drew one piece out each. If we BOTH didn't like what was pulled, the names were tossed, and we kept going until we got to one we both liked: Brendan. As for my first child, many people think her name was done after a character on an old TV show, but they are wrong. She was due on a Tuesday, born on a Thursday, so I named her Wednesday. It was just silliness, but I really do like the name, and of course, there aren't many people with that name in the world.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• my first daughter is Cindi Mahri...Cindi is my moms name and Mahri is my mother in laws middle name...we just spelled them different. my second daughter is Lola Lanore Clarine (2 middle names) Lola is my hubbys great grandmothers nick name....Lanore is my best friends middle name and Clarine is my grandmothers name...i just took tradition and twisted it sightly and clearfully picked names of strong women in my family. plus we picked names you dont hear anymore
    kaliel2

Answer by kaliel2 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2010