when is a good time to take the pacifier?

my daughter turned 1 jan. 28th and has already been taking off the bottle

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let mine grow out of it on his own. He only used it for sleep anyway so it wasn't a big deal. He was almost 3 I guess when he stopped. I never bought a size bigger than the second size they had (used nuks) and at the point he gave them up I just waited until they started to break down a bit and showed him they were no good anymore and we threw them away. He had a favorite stuffed animal that he slept with at that point too so giving up his paci was no trouble at all.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I took my LO's away when she was 5 mos. It was the best decision for our house. You can do it when you are ready. You can wean it and only uses for naps and bedtime or you can do it cold turkey. We went cold turkey and it worked for us, and we had a week of hell but I wouldn't change the way we handled it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010