little kids fighting?

after seeing a video of someone letting little kids beat each other up ( probably 5 years old...and it was actually a little boy beating another little boy...the one little boy was crying and screaming for help and had a bloody face) ....camera person didnt do anything besides film it ......it made me soooo sick to my stomach that I told my husband our kids are going to be homeschooled ....Just really, how can anyone let that go on...my husbands said he heard about another story about young girls ( like 11 or 12 y/o) ...one of the girls was pounding on another in some building and there was workers standing there less than a foot away and wouldnt stop it because it said they arent aloud to "intervine" .... how can anyone not stop that !?!

Has one of your little kids ever been beaten up ?? What did you do, what would you do?
Or if your kids ever got seriously beat up at school - would you sue them ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Neither of my boys have ever beaten up another child or been beaten up. If one of them got beaten up by another child what i would do would really depend on the circumstances. Where was my child? Why wasn't i there? Who was in entrusting my child too? etc etc.
    Would i sue? eh. i'm not really the sue happy type, but again, it depends on the circumstances.

And really, if you are worried about bullying in schools do a little research on homeschooling and i think you'll find there are even more reasons to homeschool.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't sue but the parents would know about it for sure. I have 4 kids, oldest DS is 15, we tell them they aren't allowed to throw the first punch but they are allowed to defend themselves. Here is Australia we have very strong anti bullying procedures in place at school, it is stomped on straight away. I can't understand why the cops haven't visited whoever filmed the 5 yr olds that's like cock fighting or dog fighting, disgusting!!!!
    Our son has had two times he has had to defend himself, both times the school suspended the other kid and had meetings with the parents etc. I will say, the school he is at is amazing, will suspend a teen if they swear at a teacher, that sort of disrespectful behavior is just not tolerated.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I was bullied a lot in school and so was my older brother. My younger 4 sibblings seem to have faired better in school though. They bulling I expereanced did lead me to look into homeschooling. So glad I did, I love teaching my children.

Once after church my oldest son age 5 or 6 at the time got picked on my a couple kids. They surrounded him, and yelled in his face. My son tried to walk away but the one boy git right back in his face. DH watched this whole thing go on up until the moment they would let him walk away. At that point DH intervened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• anon:35 why did he wait til your son could walk away? was he waiting to see what happened or not wanting to step inand look like his son couldn't handling it or.... just wondering not accusing. I would stand back and see what my kid first. That's pretty crap though at church. Did their parents have anything to say?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• We have a rule in my house. If you get into a fight in school you will NOT get in trouble if you were hit first. If you hit first your in a load of shit. I don't want my children to be passive and I dont want them to be bullies. I want them to show that they are not to be messed with. I really enforced this when my 5yr old was jumped twice at school by 4th graders. Currently we have no problems because the second time they tried to do it my daughter kicked the shit out of them along side her brother and I was not mad i was proud. Proud that my children defended each other and let that bully know there would be no more messing with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2010