How will I ever handle another kid?

I'm pregnant again.. happened on accident cuz we didn't use protection ONE time and I got pregnant. I have three daughters, and a step daughter. I'm always so stressed out, how will I ever be able to handle the older kids (5 and 6, they're the harder ones on me) with a new baby in my arms?
and please don't give me crap about birth control, because I've tried every form of birth control other than sterilization and they all have made me pass out, so I gave up on it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• you will handle it. You are the Mommy and you will find the strength. The other kids will get easier, you will become stronger, your daughters are old enough to be disciplined properly (time out, no priveledges, early bed, no computer or TV) and you will find the energy to do that. You have to. Now is not the time to fall apart, now is the time to muster all that you have and declare war on rudeness, bad behaviour and sulleness, you have a few months to let your daughters know that this is a communist house not a democracy, no one gets a vote. Mum and Dad have total authority, and there will be no discussion.
    Birth control doesn't work for everyone, I had an ex whose mother had a baby for the pill, condom, IUD and diaphragm....
    but God chose you as this new little baby's parents, so he trusts that you can do this. So do I, come on, get moving chicken!!!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• just keep telling yourself -- this too shall pass ...lol... it sounds stupid but it helps when i am in a stressful time....and just rememebr one day you will look back and miss these days lol........and also -- you only regret the kids you dont have, not the ones you do ....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Honestly, I thought that when I was pregnant with my daughter. (Shes my first) I had never been around infants, and had absolutely no experience and I was afraid. But then I had my daugher, and you do the best you can, and you get used to it. I wish you the best. It will be an adjustment, but when the baby comes you will say I cant imagine my life without him/her. :)
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 5:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Get help.

Your husband needs to be a full parenting partner, get help from your family, friends and your church. Join playgroups, library groups, MOPS, whatever. Get out there and interact with other mothers of big families. Get to know your neighbors!

Now is also the time to decide if you're done having children after this baby is born - if you are ready for a tubal, make sure your doctor knows it now!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Your a mum and you will automatically cope, we are strong and we get through anything, you believe that, take each day as it comes, take whatever help is offered, life is a juggling act you will sail through. remember your SUPERMUM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If you feel that way ... then why haven't you had your tubes tied? If you can not handle the children you have there are alot of forms of birth control out there not just pills.....If your kids stress you so much IMO you should have made sure there were no more made ! I am sorry but I tell it like I see it ...you should have used the condom !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My kids are 4,2 and 11 months. My middle child is developmentally delayed and on the level of a 15 month old with most things. Days are rough some times and other not. You cope the best you can. Lay down rules now, follow through every time they break a rule, talk about when the baby comes and get them excited about being big sisters again and helping. Make the new baby a way for you to bond with your daughters.

As for the baby being an accident, try thinking of it as a "Bonus baby" a positive out look now will help you a lot down the road. (((hugs))) because it seems like you need some.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 9:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Okay, since I normally tell women about my situation to help them feel better that's what I'm going to do here. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ME DOWN OR MAKE ME FEEL LIKE CRAP!! <---That happens to me a lot.
    Anyway, I have two boys, 3.5 and 1.5 years old. I am pregnant with my third. I suffered severe postpartum depression after my second and decided then and there that I was done having kids. Much like you I got pregnant again by accident from the ONE time that we weren't cautious. We do not use any form of birth control and never have, we rely on my body which has worked for 8 years. The one time it failed was because my period was off and he didn't 'pull out' Sorry for the TMI
    Anywho... I wonder everyday how am I going to do this again? I've been so stressed with my first two and most days I am terrified to have another. So if you ever, EVER need some one to talk to I am here. I will listen and try to help you to feel better
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• You are a good mama, the new baby will make you a stronger person. Don't sweat it.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• For me it got easier with each new baby. I have 4 kids, all spaced close together, and it was easiest bringing the 4th one home than the 2nd.
    Anonymous