What kind of grandma will you be?

Will you be one of those grandmas who wants her grandkids all the time to spoil them ( making them cookies, always hugging, etc.) or one who has a life of her own and just likes the occasional visit....

I haveboth types of grandmas, one of them I still stay with sometimes ( me and the kids stay the night there every once in awhile) just because I love how warm and cozy her and her house makes me feel) ...and my other I love to go out with ( out to eat or to shop with) because she is funny and fun to be with, but yet she isnt the kind we would stay the night withjust, "just because" ...

I think I would want to be a mix of both -- I would always want my grandkids to visit and stay with me and have a nice warm inviting home that they would love to visit, but also fun to be around.....

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 2:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have two really wonderful grandma's i would want to be like the grandmother that I live closest to. She is just a laid-back grandma and she goes with the flow of life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I want to be a grandmotherly grandma. I didn't have grandparents like normal people do. My dad's parents moved back to Italy before I was born and I only got to meet my Nonna once when I was 4. She would have been a kick ass Nonna if they had stayed here in Canada. My mother's mother was an evil abusive bitch and spent most of her time mad at my mother or fighting with her. I want to spoil my grandkids and have them for fun sleepovers and stuff them full of cookies and pasta and buy them everything they want.

Of course my children are only 18 months old so I have a while to wait ;)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Uh, the card-in-the-mail kind of grandma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• im gonna be the type that ppumps them full of sugar and then sends them home for mommy and daddy to deal with!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I am the "germa" who hugs, kisses, spoils, sugars, teaches all kinds of things(yes it is my fault Camilla calls ppl "dumb asses"!!), cuts umbillical cords, changes NASTY diapers, cleans up spitty babies, BUT I discipline, do not come between child & parent,. They do have to eat dinner at granmas, not poke the cat in the eye or pour dog water out, I play ball, chase, fly-fly, stinky feet....my daughters call me thperfect granma and I LOVE it!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I hope I will get to live near them (at least in the same state!) My childrens' grandparents only see my children once or twice a year and talk on the phone every few months.

I grew up living within walking distance from one set of grandparents and it was awesome! Grandpa spoiled us to death. Grandma wasn't quite as fun as Grandpa, but she was all right. My other grandparents lived too far away and I never really got to know them, just like my kids' grandparents are far away and my kids don't really know them. I also knew two of my great-grandmothers and I have a great deal of respect for them. The lived through some pretty hard times. My 2nd daughter is named after one of them.

I want to be a fun, spoiling grandma, just like my Grandpa was to me. I so wish that he would have lived longer. I miss him so much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I never enjoyed my children as much as i should have, always stressed and had to work, and problems in the relationship with their father, so i would try and enjoy them more i hope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• The total opposite of how my mom is to her grandchildren, but then she didn't like her kids either..She's all around the worst grandmother ever.
    I'll be the bestest grannie! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I would LOVE to be exactly how my grandma was to me. Let grandchild stay the night on weekends, make breakfast, bake cookies, SPOIL him or her! :)

wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I will be the cookie baking, have the kids every weekend, make them french toast for breakfast Grandma!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2010