Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help!!!its a tooth problem

i am having a bad tooth ache where there is swollen and the gum is turning back i cant find a site to help me .i have been up all night in pain should i goto the hospital?


Asked by spookshowbaby at 5:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (2 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I'm a dental hygienist. The ER will give you an antibiotic and pain meds. It sounds like an abscess. If it is the antibiotic will take in a couple of days and the pain will go away - that does not mean the infection is gone. The ER will probably also refer you to a dentist.  If it's an abscess you will be given the option of a root canal or extraction. Root canals do not hurt - it's the infection that hurts and causes the need for a root canal.


    Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • no take some motrin and ice it.

    Answer by mommymadness30 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • I would. when something turns colors, its never good. at least see if your dentist has and emergency section.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • Sears has an awesome dental center and has helped me a few times in an emergency. good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • Yes go to er to let them look at it.

    Answer by annie610 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2010