need help!!!its a tooth problem

i am having a bad tooth ache where there is swollen and the gum is turning back i cant find a site to help me .i have been up all night in pain should i goto the hospital?

spookshowbaby

Asked by spookshowbaby at 5:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Health

• I'm a dental hygienist. The ER will give you an antibiotic and pain meds. It sounds like an abscess. If it is the antibiotic will take in a couple of days and the pain will go away - that does not mean the infection is gone. The ER will probably also refer you to a dentist.  If it's an abscess you will be given the option of a root canal or extraction. Root canals do not hurt - it's the infection that hurts and causes the need for a root canal.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• no take some motrin and ice it.
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I would. when something turns colors, its never good. at least see if your dentist has and emergency section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Sears has an awesome dental center and has helped me a few times in an emergency. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Yes go to er to let them look at it.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2010