Has anyone else been involved with a narcissistic man / or is, ?

mine isnt with me and the kids anymore, but im still worried the children will suffer, as he has visiting rights, he hasnt been diagnosed but ive been reading up on the internet about it, and its uncanny the things hes done and does and im certain beyond any doubt he has this personality disorder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes! The father of my daughter, I believe, has Narcisisstic Personality Disorder. But, he has not been diagnosed. I believe that it was brought on by how his mother treated him growing up. Like "The sun sets and rises for him"
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My SO is one. He was driving me nuts until I kept reading and reading on how to deal with them. See if your library has some books on how to deal with them. It truly helps. It will also help you teach the kids it's not them, it's him with the problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Oh yes. We have been divorced 10 years now. lol
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Absolutely, we are divorced. I wonder how I ever loved him because there is no room for any one in his life but him. When the children were young it was hard because he would cancel visitation at the last moment if something came up he would rather do or just not show at all. I stopped getting the kids ready until he pulled in the driveway. One time my daughter commented on how daddy has no family stories unless they are about him.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Yep. We were together 10 yrs. Ug. All about him...all him; all the time! If it didnt involve him or benefit him in some way, he wasn't interested. I told him once we were suppose to go to my sister's for dinner & he says "I dont have to go anywhere. That's not my family". He once put a pile of record albums I had from my childhood out by the trash pile. I brought them back in & asked why he did that. He said "Their not mine". One xmas after we were divorced he had a girlfriend (didnt last too long; ha wonder why!) & for xmas he bought her a laptop & a remote car starter. He bought our daughter a $10 CD player from wal mart. One school yr our daughter needed new shoes & he went out & bought himself a new car & said "I dont have anymore money. You buy her shoes".
    Anonymous

• Yep - we're divorced and have been for 5 years now.

Answer by missanc at 7:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2010