Anyone NOT like being a SAHM? Please explain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do not like it lol. It is hard everyday, I have 4 kids and 5 on the weekends. Dh works everyday but one day a week. I have a 2, 3, 7, an 13 year olds and a 11 year old on the weekends. It is hard to keep up with everything it is stressfull when none of the kids want to listen. Its fustrating when dh gets mad and says he brings in the money and its his (this is occassionally if we are fighting). Its fustrating to sometimes not get out of the house all day. Oh and did I mention its just plain hard. I would rather work. I do love being with my kids but I'm with them 24/7, 7 days a week its a miricle if I can go to the bathroom without being interupted. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• ME! I feel like I got trapped as a sahm. I have a 9 and 5 yr old. My plan was to stay home till they were both in school but as things turned out both my kids have special needs,that I did not know about till they were both in school. I am now a sahm because of THEIR needs. I look at it as being all in god's plan. It's not exactly what I wanted but I am thankful that I am able to stay home right now to give them what they need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I never cared for it. I have four kids and three were home everyday. They are now 3,3, 4 and 9. I would get so irritated because I am not a good teacher. I don't have the patience and I just can't explain things very well. I felt like my kids were lagging behind because of me. I was so happy when they got into pre-school. They picked up things very quickly and quickly caught up. Now when they are all home all day I wonder how in the world I made it through the days before when they were always home.
    I am still a stay at home mom because there is always something that needs to be done around the house or at one of the kids school. Both my Husband and I are very involved with the school and teachers. We have a good relationship and they know how much we appreciate them. They know that I try my best and have given me help on helping the kids.
    I miss "working" but this is where I am needed.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Some days are more frustrating than others. But over all I wouldn't say I hate it.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I hated it. I lost myself. I went from a person full of opinions, ideas, and personality. To a mom. That was it. I woke up and ate, cleaned and played all around the schedule of my children and what they wanted. I think my husband wondered where the fun girl he marred went!
    Now I work 32 hours a week, I still get a ton of time with the kids, I still cook and we still have sit down dinners at night, and I love life again. My kids get the same attention from me... but I get my own life too.
    Anonymous