Crawling question

My dd will be 6 months next friday and She gets up on her knees full and rocks back and forth and pushes backwards until she is laying on her belly again. My 1st dd didnt do this and I was wondering if your child did this and how soon after did they start to crawl? I know every child is different I just want an estimate. Thank You

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest rocked back and forth on all fours at 6 months, crawled at 8 months, my second never crawled went straight to pulling up and cruising, my 3rd started doing the army man crawl at 4 1/2 months, up on all fours at 5 1/2 months.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 8:53 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My daughter never did that and started crawling two weeks before her first birthday. I swore she would go straight to walking without crawling but she proved me wrong.

They do say it is a sign that the baby will start crawling soon, though :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Also bear in mind that some never crawl. Mine went straight to pulling up.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2010