What was the worst part of your labor?

With my first pregnancy, the worst part was when my son's heart rate fell and I had to stop pushing so they could do do an episotomy so they could use suction to help get him out. He had his cord wrapped around his neck three times. Thankfully he's ok.
With my second, I don't think anything was the worst part.

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 8:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with my 1st I had a retained placenta (it was stuck to my uterous) and that hurt worse than labor. my 2nd I was prepared for more pain and got a whole lot less although my epidural didnt work
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:03 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• The worst part was definitely when they turned up the fetal heart monitor and we could all hear my sons heart it slowing down.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• With my first: being instructed to push WAY too soon and nurses asking me every 30 seconds if I wanted an Epidural.
    With my second: the nurse not believing me when I told her it was time to get a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• With both of mine when I stopped bilating for 6 hrs with contractions every 3 min apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• when they came in and told me I had to have a c-section. I was not prepared for that at all. I just cried. My first baby came out in 5 hours with no problem. I was devistated. It's ok now. But the shock was something else!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• For me it was ending each day without a baby. It took me three days to dilate completely!

The second worst part was when I ended up having a c-section after 72 hours of labor and 4 hours of solid pushing. Not only did I not get to hold my son right away, but everyone else had gotten to see him and kept coming into the room telling me how beautiful he was! I had only seen him for a moment through the corner of my eye and they had all gotten to gaze at him for as long as they wanted!!!

Then my husband pitched a fit that they were taking so long to bring him to me and they hopped to it! I love my husband :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• my second one was when they gave me an epic with my son's head already out,needless to say the epic did'nt kick in till after i had him

mlss72454

Answer by mlss72454 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• The two weeks of early labor were pretty bad; the most painful part though was after I gave birth the doctor was stitching up my episiotomy and didn't numb the area because I was bruising and bleeding too much. That made the nursing difficult, and I was sore longer than I would have liked.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• hmmm. the 32 hours of labor, the epi wearing off and having to have them restick me with a second one, the 4.5 hours of pushing then using the vaccuum to get her out, the episiotomy, and many many stitches that i felt all of, the HORRIBLE hemmoroids that have never seemed to get completely healed or the fact that my husband accidently deleted every pic from the week she was born until 2 months after... but man, it was all worth it just to see my baby!!!
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• with My daughter it was the back and front and than both back and front labor coming every 30secs and last a min and a half. I couldn't breath My mother waited as long as she could before pushing the bottom to get the nurse in. I was alright until they told me even throw they were coming so fast and hard I was only 4 cin. and I had been in labor for over 25 hrs. I got the epid. and was able to get some rest till it ran out just in time for baby to come
    cvwright21

Answer by cvwright21 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2010