Where is a good place to have a birthday party?

My son is turning 4 this year. I would like to have family and friends get togetrher to celebrate with us but we live in a 2 bedroom apartment and there's like 6 feet of snow outside so anything outdoors is out of the question. I thought about a party at Chuck E. Cheeses it's$11 per kid x 8 kids and then I would still have to buy seperate for my adult guests. He's only 4 and I really don't want to spend that much money every year on his birthday!

PakLeader

Asked by PakLeader at 9:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• there is a place called "lets jump" around where i live. you can rent those big blow up jumpy things there for parties... but i know they also rent out a room for an hour or two for parties and it is not expensive. also what about a gymnastics place? i always had gymnastics parties when i was little.... but im not sure how much it cost. or rolling skating maybe? good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Call the bowling alley we had DS for around $100 and that included about 10 kids, bowling, pizza and drinks! No mess to pick up and they had a blast, the adults could hang out and talk and best of all it is warm! We were going to do skating, but I think it would be better when they are like 7 or 8 ! Hope this helps and good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Yes, Chuck E Cheese is terribly expensive. We did that for my daughter's 3rd birthday and spent way too much money!

I like the ideas of the first post. "Bounce Houses" is what they are called around here and instead of you renting them and bringing them home, they are "fun centers" that you go and play at and they host birthday parties as well. I think the skating rink may be a little old for him, people are moving pretty fast there.

I would also suggest McDonalds. I know it sounds silly but ours here in town has a private room off the play center you can rent for free, you can bring your own cake and you're just buying all the kids a happy meal really. For that age it may be something worth looking into!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i went to chuckecheese for my son's 4th this year and they did give me discounts for the adult food with the kids package. look into that. they also give you more tokens when you buy the adult food. lots of the adults did not expect us to serve them food. we did not buy them beer :) all the kids had a great time and no clean up/ i would do it again.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• what about having it at your local school?? i know around here we can rent out a schools gym, and they have like a bouncy castle and give you access to all the toys and stuff...i did that for my daughters 5th bday party..and it was a MAJOR hit!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My daughter just had her birthday party at a bowling alley, they had a fabulous time!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We are having DD's 3rd at the zoo. I can't wait!
    Anonymous