How can I help bring labor on Im 38 weeks pregnant?

newmomtobe85

Asked by newmomtobe85 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why not just let nature take its course? Every day your baby's in there, the better for him/her. You are only late past 41 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Yep, it's best to carry the baby at least a couple more weeks..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Unfortunately there is no guaranteed way to do that. The baby won't come out until it's good and ready. My due date last year was just past the new year, for tax purposes and because we had new insurance after the 1st. I tried everything I could. My baby didn't come out until 9 days after her due date. The doctors tried to help by scraping the membranes. The doctor said walking and sex can help bring on labor. Although none of it worked for me. Good Luck and Congrats!
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• nothing! my first was 2 weeks early so i was expecting the same with my second... and he was 2 weeks late. i tried everything: stripping membranes, fast walking, running around the house, jumping jacks, sex, walking up the stairs two at a time, pineapple, red raspberry leaf tea, squats, spicey food, exercising. nothing worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• this may sound gross to you, but this worked for me, if you have a vibrator, a clean one you can use it on low speed and go from there..if you know what i mean? it will agitate (sp)? the cervix.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• another thing is you can bump your breast for milk, it releases a hormone and should throw you into labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• oh and one more... lol.... go to google and find acupressure or soemething like that. not sure if i spelled it right, but put in search for that along with inducing labor. theres 2 good ones, the heel of your foot and your palm of hand. look into it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• There is no one way to bring on labor. If baby is not ready. You will not go into labor. Which is a good thing. It means baby is not  ready for the world and will not have complations with baby. You can do 2 to 4 more weeks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• dont listen to these people, you asked how you can HELP bring it on... you didnt ask how you CAN bring it on... and they dont like to tell anyone how bc i guess they dont like for you to know, how snooty.. but here, i found this webpage for you
    http://pregnancy.families.com/blog/natural-induction-for-full-term-babies-only
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• too many negetive nancys in here
    Anonymous