Fake teeth

What are some options are fake teeth ALOT of my teeth are bad and its getting to the point i can't chew food good what are some options i have and how much money is it is all dentures the kind you have to take out at night....also can you eat good with the fake teeth??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Health

• The best thing to do is find a good dentist in your area and have a consult. They can tell you what needs to be done and what the estimated cost will be..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:48 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My DH has had dentures since he was 25 b/c of bad teeth. If he didn't tell me they were fake, I would have never known and sometimes I still forget because I never him with them out. You don't have to take them out every night and he can eat anything/everything he wants to. The problem most people have though is finding a place that will fit them well for you. If they are fitted too loose for your mouth, then you'll have problems keeping them in. My DH doesn't have to glue his in, they just stay and he honestly has a beautiful smile.

Another word of wisdom - once they pulled his teeth he had to wait 3 months before he could get fitted for his dentures. So, yes he had to walk around w/o teeth for 3 months! (this was before we met, thank goodness). They have to do this b/c your gums will shrink after your teeth are pulled so they have to wait to be able to get a proper fit. Just something to think about!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• The 3month rule for dentures isn't always the case.. My BF had bad teeth and he had to get all of his top teeth pulled. Once they pulled them they did an impression and he got an immediate denture made. It took 2 weeks. Granted 1.5 months later they had to be adjusted in the dentist office because his swelling had come down, and in about 1.5 more months he will have to have a permanent adjustment made to them, because his healing will be done. The dentures fit well at first but with the swelling going away they got loose so he used a powder adhesive. It worked great for him. Good luck!!!
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 10:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• really thanks soo much for the info Chrissifaye and annonymous so about how much were they? for the adjustments and all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• A great smile is priceless. I would finance, borrow, cheat, and steal if i had to get my teeth fixed. It's the first thing people look at on your face. Talk to your dentist. and not just one.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm a dental hygienist. With a denture you lose 50% of your tasting ability - there are taste buds in the roof of your mouth.  You will also lose 80% of your chewing ability - you'll need your food cut into smaller pieces.

Inexpensive dentures are usually made out of plastic. The average cost of a good set of dentures is $1500 and up for both upper and lower. The average set of dentures usually needs to be replaced every 3 to 5 years.

Upper dentures are easier to adjust to because the roof of the mouth acts as a suction to hold them in. Lower dentures tend to swim around in the mouth.

The best options are the most expensive. You really should have a dental consultation and xrays to determine what would be best for you. You'll be given a treatment plan which will include costs.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2010