Moms who DON'T post their kids pics on internet. Please I need your advice...

How do you handle situations at parties etc for the ones who are damn near paparazzi always flashing pics then they practically run home to post them on Facebook or MySpace? Hubby and I aren't comfortable posting our daughter's pics. No offense to moms who do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I say to each their own. I don't and will not post my childrens pictures either, but it doesn't necessarily bother that others do.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i dont post pics either... but my kids are still very little so i dont really have this problem yet. although i have had family do it...and if it is my side of the family i say something, and if it is my husbands side, he says something. i would just contact the parent and say that you dont want your childs picture posted on the internet. or send out a friendly mass email to all the parents or something. just say "although we find nothing wrong with it, my husband and i have chosen not to post our child's picture on the internet, and we would greatly appreciate that you respect our wishes by not doing so as well. thanks in advance :)"
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Oh, if someone posts pictures of my children, I definitely tell them to please take them off.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• just tell them you dont want them posted....if they are good friends or family members they will respect your wishes!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Pics of our boys are on my facebook page but it's set to private and the only people that can see them are friends I have on my page. On here I didn't put any of them, I don't know anyone personally on here so I don't feel comfortable with it. As for people you know that put pics of your kids on their pages, I think you have the right to ask them to remove them. They are minors and you are their parent so legally you have the right to insist that they be removed.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• It really depends on who it is. I have a couple of friends who will post group-like photos that have my kids in them, but I don't really worry about it b/c their pages are private, so I know the entire world won't see them. If it's someone I don't know real well, or whose page is public, then I just politely explain that my ex is online stalking me, and that I prefer he and his girlfriends not see pics of my kids, so could they please not post any pics that include my children? Most people understand. I think if you just politely explain that you are uncomfortable with your kids pics being online, generally people are understanding and will honor your wishes.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If you're that serious about it the only options you have are to do like Michael Jackson and put a mask on the kids if you're going to take them to gatherings cause chances are, they're posting before they even leave the party.
    I'm not saying that to be mean at all... but I feel the same way about pics of myself, my kids, my family.... I t hink I should be asked before I post them where anyone can see them online. My kids pics are posted on mine but my settings are so that only my friend, not friends of friends can see them. My family all live in another state so without online, they wouldn't have a clue what my kids even looked like from visit to visit, let alone get to view special events in their lives.
    You could put them in a t-shirt that says "no pics of me please".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm the paparazzi you speak of but I NEVER post pics of other kids on the web without parents permission. I have had my kids faces show up on Facebook and MySpace posted by others and I was extremely angry as I choose not to use those sites myself. I contacted the sites and they actually removed the photos for me. The only pages I am comfy with are CafeMom & Flickr because you can set privacy controls. I guess the only thing you can do is politely let the photographer know that you prefer to not have your kids photos on the web at all and hope they respect that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Lisa ann p you are def entiled to your opinion on this but the reality of the situation is you can easily email your family and friends the pics of your kids that you would like to share. WHen people choose to post pics on a public website for the world to see IMO that can cause some issues. Predators and hackers can easily hack into a Facebook acct and steal pictures and have their way w them. No disrepect intended. SOme people just dont realize what can and does happen in this sick world.
    Anonymous

• Just tell them all to leave your kid's pictures off of their pages.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2010