What are the symptoms of a hemroid?

Sorry if I spelled that wrong. But I've never had hemroids before, and I think I *might* have them now. My symptoms embarrassing which is why I'm putting this on anonymous. The thing is, I've been bleeding from my back side. Not alot, but sometimes when I go to the bathroom, there will be a bright red spot on the tp. And before you ask, yes, I know for a fact it's coming from my bum and not my vagina.
The thing is though... with this pregnancy I've been having alot, and i mean ALOT of really bad gas. So bad that sometimes it hurts when I pass gas. and I think thats when I start bleeding.
Does this sound like hemroids to you? Or should I see a doc? This is really embarrassing, so i'd prefer not to even tell my doc if i can avoid it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like one. other symptoms: itchy, imflammation, big purple looking vein on your bum hole. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Well do you feel a wiggly bump just outside your anus? If yes, that's a hemorrhoid. I got 3 of them with this last pregnancy. But YES you can get them inside the anal wall as well, so at your next OB visit i'd talk to the doctor about it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Sounds like it. They are common before and after pregnancy. The creams will help shrink them a little and give you some relief. Ask your Dr. first though.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Well, you can check it out yourself.. Sit on the toliet, and before you go, reach down and feel for any inflamed spots at the opening of your anus.. If you DO feel one or more, get an ice cube and rub it gently.. if you do have one, sometime it feel like you have to go #2 when you really dont, so you may strain yourself trying to go and that could make it worse... Deffently talk to your doc about it and how to treat and prevent it during pregnancy!.. good luck!
    Anonymous

• I just had this happen to me... whenever I would use the restroom and their would be blood in the potty and also when I wipped. Then it would be gone. Also mine never hurt too bad but they would itch some. I also had some extra tissue down there which was a hemroid. Mine has now down away but using apple juice or anything that makes your stools stofter help out a lot. I never had this happen till this pregnancy. Also do not strain too much just sit there and push lightly not too hard.
    Mom2girls0708

Answer by Mom2girls0708 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2010