Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bumps... please read

so the last couple days i have noticed i started getting a bump on my " private part" it hurts like crazy. there is only one bump. i use to get them down there when i was on my period when i would uses pads. but i dont get periods any more. i dont think it can be a std. i get a pap every year and it comes back good. i am embressed to go to doctor but i think i am going to go all ready

so i just wondering if any other ladys gets bumps down there. or any advise.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Health

Answers (9)
  • I think I've had that. When I finally made an appt to go to the doctor it went away. I told her about it and she told me to come back if I got it again. And I haven't!!!!! In like 5 years. She didn't seem concerned about it, she had a name for what it could be, but I've forgotten now what it was. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • Sounds to me like it could be an infected ingrown hair, a pimple or a boil. If you have had sex since your last PAP with people you arent certain that they don"t have std's then you could have one.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • Go to the doctor and tell them u want to be checked for herpes. They can do it through blood work or u can wait until another one comes and get it checked. Good Luck! !!!!!

    Answer by mamaofficer at 11:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • It could be an ingrown hair or herpes....herpes wouldn't come up on a pap, I don't think, and one can have it for years without ever having an "outbreak" and knowing that they have it

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • a pap doesn't test for std's, and if they do test you, it's usually only for chlamydia, and i forget the others. you usually have to request to be tested for everything else. i'd say go to the doc, just to be safe. they could tell you that it's just an ingrown hair or razor burn, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

    Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • If it 'hurts', then it could just be an ingrown hair or pimple, but if it BURNS LIKE HELL, it could very well be herpes.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • Herpes wouldn't show up in a pap smear unless you had a breakout at the time you were tested.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • Pimple?

    Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

  • I have had cystic acne for most of my life. I have even had cysts down there. They are very sore but eventually go away. Not saying that is what your's is but it's what mine was. My dr told me to soak in a hot tub. Sometimes I could get it to surface so I could burst it. If it was too sore I left it alone. Just call the dr and have it checked out. Better safe than sorry

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.