what do u think i can get for my unborn baby?

i mean list of items for new baby? i'm too anxoius, dont know what to buy?

blair16

Asked by blair16 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• umm clothes
    bottles
    diapers/wipes
    something to sleep in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Diapers, sleepers, wipes, blankets. Bottles. You dont need much in the beginning. Onsie snap t-shirts to put under sleeper outfit. And a snuggly hat for it's head. Diaper rash cream. Baby powder that is talc free. And some baby wash. You'll need spit up rags too. I used cloth diapers for that.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• You'll need spit up rags too. I used cloth diapers for that.

me too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I thought it first you might be selling the baby. LOL. You know the usual stuff. Go register at Target and babies r us and have a baby shower. What you don't get at the shower, you can get for yourself.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• other than the essentials (mostly listed above) you may want some of these:S

Baby mittens to keep baby from scratching her face
    Baby nail files or nail clippers (some babies are born with long finger nails)
    Baby oil in case your baby gets cradle cap
    A bottle on hand sanitizer to keep at home for guests to use if they want to hold to new baby
    cotton balls and baby Q-tips
    A thermometer
    Vaseline (If you are having a boy who will be circ'd this is essential)
    breast pads if you will be nursing (even if you don't plan to nurse it might make those first few days a little more comfortable)
    - I liked the Johnson & Johnson brand
    Lansinoh (good for baby chapped lips even if you don't nurse)

I loved my Boppy pillow, though I've seen others say they didn't use theirs

A baby swing is nice if you have a fussy baby that loves motion.

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• All of the above...and don't forget you'll need an infant carseat!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• The Boppy pillow is a LIFESAVER!! Every new mom should have one, especially a breastfeeding mom....it really saves your back. One thing I loved with my newborn was the nightgowns. You change them so often that it was nice to just lift up the nightgown and change her without having to do the buttons a million times a day. I wouldn't bother with powder, you're not supposed to use that before at least 6 months. My daughter is 19 months and I have never used powder on her bottom. I had the baby mittens, but they always fell off. I just used socks to prevent her from scratching herself, but many brands of clothes have built in mittens on the sleeves... I loved those.

http://baby-products.suite101.com/article.cfm/newborn_necessities

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• All of the above lol. If you register at Target they will send you a book with all the baby stuff in the world in it and a checklist of things you want/need. I found it really helpful even though we don't have a Target near where I live.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• if you dont register with target, and you shop there, next time they will give you gift cards to register there... pretty cool. the essential imo are diapers. get 2 or more newborn size ones, all butts are different shapes and some leak with different kids. baby wipes (unscented) about 8 receiving blankets. they spit up on the all the time and you need them to wrap them up burrito style (swaddling them) about 10-15 onsies -again the spit up warrnents the amount. if you live in a cold climate a few outfits/coat for the winter. your carseat of course. if you plan to BF then you need nursing pads! if you plan to FF then formula and bottles and a bottle brush. (dont get a disinfecting thing - pointless the moment you touch a bottle it is contaminated.) some sorta soothing musical thing - if you use it from birth it will work (like a mobile or they even have crib cd players now!) the hospital gives diaper bag
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• a baby swing ... most people/their babies love them. bobby pillows are not essential but i loved mine to prop them when i BFed and when they could hold their own bottle, for them to lounge in. also if you have a vag birth --- great to sit on afterwards when you are in pain still. baby wash (hospitals give samples if you dont know what kind to get - gerber smells strongly! ) and tub. baby nail clippers. and the "going home outfit" congratuations!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2010