Pinching her nipples

well my daughter is 19 months and is in the habit of rubbing and pinching her nipples. I was wondering if there is a reason for her doing it?

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no, she didn't "Get it from someone".

If you had a boy, he would be groping his testicles- it is a normal part of development for any child. Don't discourage it.

Her nipples have nerve endings just as yours do, and it feels interesting when she touches them. If she goes diaperless, she is likely learning about her vulva as well. It's completely NORMAL, and in no way means that something has happened to your child. just leave it alone, she'll eventually find something that interests her more.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• she got it from someone..lol idk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• It feels different. My 14 month DD reaches into her diaper all the time, and has recently discovered her nose. They like to feel things over and over when they are new. She'll grow out of it in time.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• my daughter will play with her nipples too but she will also walk around saying boobies the whole time she does it.lol.and she also trys to play down there sometimes..its cause she is learning new things about herself..its ok
    Anonymous