i want to kill the word titi...

titi in spanish is auntie,
i was talking care of my nephew for like 4 month, he could talk i mean talk is lungs out if you let him.. so everyday all day your hear titi titi titi titi...
NOW MY SON IS CALLING ME TITI AND NOT JUST ME, ALSO EVERYBODYYY!
my son USED to call me ma, dada to his daddy and nana to his grandma, KNOW ITS TITI TO EVERYONE! my nephews moved back with his mother so i thought he will stop, i was wrong!!!!
i try to ignore him when he does call me titi, but somtimes im busy and i just answer he back!
its really embarrassing when we go out as a family and all you hear is my son calling all of us titi, whats soo funny its that sometimes he calls stangers titi too
plz mommys i need help, has this happen to anyone too? and any ideas what i could do to get him back on track with our names.
thanks sooo much ladies xoxoxox. =)

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every time he does it, correct him - don't say "no" though, but "I'm mama", or "he's dada", or whoever they are. It takes 3 or 4 times longer to break a habit than it did to start it - so expect it to take a few weeks for him to stop.
    Anonymous

• My twins went through a spell of calling me Daddy. It drove me crazy. My husband thought it was really funny until they called his friend Daddy. We tried to correct them, and I tried to ignore them when they called me Daddy. They finally grew out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• he will outgrow it in time. Every child goes through a spell where they latch onto a name, or a thing... it is normal. It will end soon.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• One of my cousins used to call everyone "Charlie."

Charlie was the family dog.

She eventually outgrew it!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2010