Steamer mops?

I despise using chemicals, especially with little kids and pets around. I've been thinking of getting a steamer mop, specifically the Shark ? Have you tried it? Do you like it, hate it? Thanks!

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 11:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a Shark Steam Pocket Mop and I love it. No pulling triggers here....? It automatically disperses steam when you push it. Mine doesnt even have a 'trigger'. Mines very sturdy too and doesnt seem like anything would break on it....
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 9:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I wanted a steam mop for Christmas, so my husband and I did a lot of research to find the right one. The Shark got really bad reviews. The handle breaks easily. It only heats up to 110 degrees, so it doesn't sanitize very well. You have to pull the trigger every time you want a burst of steam resulting in sore hands. No thank you.

We bought the Eureka Envrio Steamer. I love it! It heats up to 220 degrees. It has constant steam action. The floor dries quickly. It's very durable. The only downside is that you can't find it in most stores. DH had to order it online.

Search for steam mops on Amazon and you'll find lots of reviews. That's what we did and I'm very happy with the choice we made.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 11:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• We have the Eureka, too.. LOVE IT...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I have one but I don't know off hand what brand it is. It's awesome, it does a great job. My only issue is that it has a filter that needs to be replaced, and if you skip out on replacing it. ('cause you know they're pricey!) then they leak water all over the floor. :P But if you stay on top of it, then I highly recommend a steam mop! =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i have a shark. i have used it for over 1 1/2 years, no broken handle, and i don't have to pull a trigger to release steam. it works, and i love it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I have a Shark mop, and I really don't like it. I have a Wagner 905 power steamer that I love. The Shark only holds maybe 10 minutes worth of water, but the Wagner will go for 45 minutes and isn't any effort. The steam just goes out, no pushing back and forth, and no waiting for steam puffs. It's also great for grout, etc.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i do not like the shark spend a little more and get a eureka steam mop, add 5-7 drops of a natural oil that u like and there is ur scent u will love it. the shark started to leak at the elbow close to the bottom, thats y i went eureka
    candeeapple

Answer by candeeapple at 12:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• also with the eureka it has an on button no pumping to get the steam going. 5 star awesome product. i have a buisness i clean homes for a living so i have seen a big variety choose the right one so u dont have to replace yearly
    candeeapple

Answer by candeeapple at 12:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2010