A Little Sensitivity Please

I am in a predicament. I recently found out that I am pregnant. I am a single, 20-year old college student, and many people look highly upon me. Unfortunately, I slept with 4 guys in the same month and have no idea who I might have conceived this child with. I am deathly afraid of breaking the news of my pregnancy to my family, but it's not something that I'll be able to hide for long. Also, I am hoping that I will be able to graduate college on the original graduation date. Pleeeeease help. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? If so, how did you deal with it? How did you go about letting family and friends know? How'd you get through the whole ordeal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its embarrassing but you are going to have to tell all four guys then get a paternity test when the baby is born..Also you should get an std test, its so unhealthy to have unprotected sex with 4 different guys..Your parents are going to be devastated especially when you tell them you don't know who the father is..Maybe you should consider "other" options then having this baby, it might be better for all involved..

Anonymous

• People look highly on you? What does that mean?

I think maybe this little dose of reality will be good for you... Just be a grown up and have paternity testing done once baby arrives. Your parents will get over it. You don't necessarily need to go into great DETAIL when you tell them. Just tell them you don't know at this point who the dad is.

Welcome to motherhood.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I got pregnant the summer before my senior year of high school. I was captain of our volleyball team, president of FBLA, straight A's, the whole deal. I did have to give the extracurricular activities up but I graduated on time with honors. I actually finished a semester early because I knew I would be tired my third trimester. I waited until I finished my classes (5months) to tell my extended family so they knew I wasn't ruining my life or anything else they could say. I told my immediate family at about 3 months(except my mom who I told the second I found out and she took it better than me). When you tell them just be strong, make sure you have a plan (what your doing for school, income,etc.) Figure that all out before, this will help soften the blow if they know you are continuing to pursue your education and future. I was already engaged when I got pregnant so I am not sure how to handle not knowing the father. (continued)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• With school, you can switch no online classes for your last trimester/first couple months with baby. ALL colleges offer online options now. Also, when you do go back to regular college classes most colleges have day cares for infants and toddlers.

I wish you tons of luck with your schooling and your knew baby!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Just wanted to add, Please DO NOT take the meaner comments as an example of what people on here are like. People make mistakes, it happens. I am sure you aren't the first and certainly aren't the last to sleep with more than one person. I highly doubt most people on here have only had sex with one person. (Some may have, not trying to say EVERYONE has).
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• This hasn't ever happened to me but...
    What ever you do is entirely up to you. If you want to keep it, then keep it. If not, then you probably have a good idea of what to do next. Asking for the paternity test is probably going to be a bit awkward and uncomfortable but if you want to know who the dad is, it's going to have to be done.
    Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.
    And I agree with the PP, not all of the women on here are mean and say harsh things. There are a few of us that know how to be sympathetic and use kind words.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 1:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I think if you want to know who the father is and plan on finding out, then go ahead and explain that your just unsure who the father is. you don't have to disclose the exact number right away to your family. but if you decide to raise the baby on your own, just let your family know you don't care to disclose who the father is, and you won't have to explain numbers there. but if it were me i would probably explain the situation to the guys and see if any want to be dad and be tested.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Oh my....all I can say is good luck. Wow.
    Anonymous

• Go on the Maury show.haha..

Anonymous