what do I do about my husband eating all my daughter food?

My daughter loves certain snack. I buy them for her. It seem like every time my husband is in the kitchen; he eat all her snack. I hide her food in the back of the pantry and he still will find it and eat. He is seriously overweight and he keep eating her all food. I am getting tired of hiding for because he can not keep his hand off her food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Hide it better or buy plenty so he can have some..

Anonymous

• what about getting a box like a chest or filing cabinet that has a lock and locking it up. Then don't give him the key or let him know the combo. And don't make the combo easy for him to guess. And look into getting him some help.
    Anonymous

• TELL him that certain things are for your child - buy him his own healthy snacks in return, things just for him - healthy things, not junk, to help him start to lose weight since he's overweight. Better yet, hide her snacks OUT of the kitchen, somewhere he really won't find them. Better better yet, quit buying special stuff for her, do a total food makeover, and only buy healthy things for everyone. I don't buy special snacks for any of my kids - if I buy something, it's for the whole family to eat.
    Anonymous

• pp said it all
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Put it in a bread box with a lock on it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• buy more of it.
    Anonymous

• if the food isn't ok for him to eat, then why is it ok for her to eat. And it sounds like he may have a food addiction problem. hiding it or locking it up is only gonna cause more problems in the future if he is a compulsive eater. you should do as other poster said and do a food makeover in your home.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If he has an eating addiction, you should probably stop buying stuff that is enabeling him. Your daughter will be just fine without it :-)
    Good Luck.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 2:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Buy more snacks. And please don't speak about your husband so rudely. He's overweight...so? You love him just the same.
    Anonymous

• lol @ anon :21...

I would just start buying fresh fruits and veggies instead of snack foods. He could have all of that he wanted.
    Anonymous