What is the number one reason to have a VBAC?

Aside from the evidence based facts that its SAFER than another repeat c-section, the number one reason is...who wants to handle a newborn and a toddler while recovering from major surgery?!? I mean, vaginal birth after cesarian means (most of the time at least) that you have a minimum of one other child at home, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Number One reason??
    Safety *is* it!! lol!

True!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• To me it would just to not have the surgery.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm pregnant right now with my second, and I'm hoping for a VBAC. For me it isn't really safety that is concerning me as much as I feel the need to have a vaginal birth for my own personal experience.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• recovery is huge yes, also the fact that VBACs are safer. I want to have a safe birth, not a convenient birth.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I want to have a safe birth, not a convenient birth.

Hmmm.......valid point.
    Anonymous

• Im on my second...and i told them at first i wanted another c-section..but the closer i get to having this baby...the more i want to try to push! lol. It sounds crazy, but for one i want the experience, and two i dont want to be laid out asking EVERYONE for help and depending on the world around me to do EVERYTHING for me. Recovery was pretty hard the first time (out of the hospital i was walking fine in the hospital)...but i think the second time around could only be worse...im nervous, but im going to talk to my OB next apointment about this..not sure what hes going to feel like! but not really up to him! SO doesnt think ill be able to push! Kinda offended me!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Luckily sweetkisses its not up to your OB nor your husband! If you want to just show up to the hospital pushing, then there's nothing they could really do about it then!
    Seriously though, you have the right to refuse any and all procedures. So if your OB says, "He doesn't do VBACS" then just go along and pretend like you're a good patient, and then once labor begins, just show up pushing. It happens. *Wink*
    MammaRed

Answer by MammaRed at 1:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Because a C-section is supposed to be Plan B, when a vaginal birth is not possible or safe. It shouldn't be Plan A. A woman's body was designed for giving birth and it should be assume that she will until circumanstances render it impossible.
    Anonymous

• look into the ICAN Network. VBAC is better for mom & baby
    Anonymous

• A vbac can actually be dangerous in some cases, that's why sometimes doctors won't perform them.
    Anonymous