Potty Training in Public Places

Does your toddler-in-potty training use the potty in public places? If so how? Do you bring the little safety one to put on the toilet?

I'm trying to get my dd to wear underwear all day so she can get used to it, but I'm afraid of taking her out in public without a diaper because the toilets are too big for her. What did you do for your toddler?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can help hold her on the seat...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I have brough the safety seat because was just more comfortable for them.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• You can either help hold her up on the seat, or bring the potty she uses at home with you. My son refuses to go on public toliets so we keep the potty in the car and goes on it in there if he has to. It's strange but it works!!
    Anonymous

• I carried the potty ring with me when we first started going. I just carried a bigger bag like for going to the beach and brought sanitizer wipes to wipe it with. That way there's a much smaller chance of them being afraid to use the potty. After a short while, once they had their confidence, holding them on the potty worked fine. We did carry the portable potty in the trunk of our car when we went to the park and things in the summer.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My kids trained on our toilet so public toilets weren't a big deal. Just help her balance.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 6:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2010