Rear facing.

Cant seem to get an answer on a post so here is my question.

My dd is 20.5 months old and she front faces. I want to rear face her. She is 25lbs and 34 inches. I have $80 what car seat can i get for that or cheaper that will fit her height and weight? I want to rear face for another year.

imperfect511

Asked by imperfect511 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that the Cosco Scenera would be the best option. It rear faces to 35 lbs, and with her weight now, I think it would easily last another year. And rear facing, with her being 34 inches, I think she would have 3-4 inches to grow rear facing, depending on her torso height of coarse.
    My son is able to fit rear facing in a Scenera and he is 35 inches tall and he has at least 3 inches of shell above his head still. The seat has a very tall shell!
    The seat is only about $50 and you can find it cheaper online sometimes.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I agree, Cosco Scenera sounds like what you need. We have one and I like it pretty well. It has a 5 point adjustable harness, goes up to 35 rear and 40 front. DD is about 30 inches and still has plenty of space at the top to grow into, plus two more shoulder harness positions. It also has the LATCH straps if your car has the LATCH system.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i have the cosco scenera is about $55 it rear faces up to 35lbs and 36 inches. i had dd erf till 33 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If you only want to spend $80 i would recommend the Evenflo Titan Sport Convertible Car Seat - Red from babies r us. It is $79.99.
    DESCRIPTION : It has a 50 lb weight rating, allows you child to stay in a 5-point harness. Your child will stay comfortable with the removable body pillows and ComfortSense memory foam. Snacks and drinks can be conveniently stored in the removable cup holder and storage compartments. With upfront harness tightening, securing your child is a breeze. This seat also includes a dual position recline foot. The Titan Elite DLX Convertible seat can be used rear facing or frwd facing. Rfing, this seat is recommended for children 2-35lbs. Forward facing, this seat is recommended for children 20-50 lbs and up to 47" tall. My daughter has this one thats $99.99 http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012739

bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2010