P90X is it for me? I need to loose 100+ pounds.

This sounds like it is hard core. Am I out of my league thinking I could do this? Please be honest.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 1:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• OMG that program is sooo hardcore...I wouldnt suggest it to anyone who is new, youll end up overwhelmed and possibly completely put off of working out at all...I would go for something else first!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• with exercise you should always start at the lowest level. i've done beach body products and have lost 30 pounds, until i stopped. you should start with something like P90, or there's Turbo Jam which is lots of fun and there's Yoga Booty Ballet and Slim in 6. If you do decide to do P90X, just remember to start off slow at your own level. don't be disappointed if you don't lose weight right away, with exercise programs you gain muscle weight before you drop weight. good luck!
    svalle

Answer by svalle at 1:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm a Beachbody coach and I can tell you that P90X was not designed for beginners. Now some beginners have done it and had great results but I wouldn't recommend it. Like svalle said there are so many other options for people that are just starting out. I LOVE Turbo Jam! I've also done pretty much all of the Beachbody programs and they are all great. If you would like some suggestions please feel free to send me a message and tell me what kind of workouts you like. I'm happy to help in any way that I can :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 2:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm also a Beachbody Coach and totally agree with HillaryAnn ... P90X is NOT for beginners ...but there are many great programs from kids to senior citizens and everything in between. I like the Slim in 6 and Turbo Jam workouts. And many of the Beachbody workouts come with REALISTIC nutrition programs so you won't be starving.

Start slow and make realistic goals ...otherwise you gets discouraged and will give up.
    Start & end each day and each meal with a glass of water .. if you are not a water drinker start small w/ 4oz and work your way up.

Breakfast -oatmeal, whole grain cereal
    AM snack - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins,
    Lunch
    PM snack
    Dinner

Just combine exercise with healthy choices ... NOT DIETS .. diets are TEMPORARY .. you need lifestyle changes to make a difference. Good luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 5:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i want to start p90x too...
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Elias1mamma22 ...if you need help getting started or just encouragement along the way just message me here or contact me through my website.

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010