Will he go to heaven?

A very close friend of mine passed away from a drug overdose. I pray for him all the time, he was a good person and truly touched my heart. I often wonder how God feels about passing from a drug overdose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am very sorry for your loss.. i can't answer the question, however. Only God can judge that. I can tell you that God loves your friend. All we can do is live the best we can.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• It isn't about whether or not he did drugs. It doesn't matter how he died. What matters is what his relationship with God was. If he was a Christian then he will go to Heaven. The Bible is very clear. It doesn't matter what you do wrong because all people sin and all sins count as the same imperfection. If we have Jesus then we are saved from judgment. That is the only way. You have no way of knowing if he was only pretending to be a dedicated Christian and in his heart wasn't or if he never mentioned religion and was a devout closet Christian. Only he and God know.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I also agree with duckigrrl; God loved him no matter what and always will.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Romans 6:7: “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”
    Your friend is safe.
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 2:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i dont believe that he went to heaven, i believe only a certain few go, but only God can say for sure. I do believe that you'll see him again in the resurection healthy, with no addiction. You'll be able to speak to him and hug him and tell him how happy you are to see him again.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

• God loves us even though we are full of faults and personal struggles. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

Your friend is safe.

I like that... I personally think everyone goes to heaven, because I believe we are all God's children and He loves all of us, and if He is perfect, unconditional love (the kind that He tells us to display), I don't believe that He would deny heaven to anyone. But that's just me. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• ecclesiastes chapter nine verse 5-6-10
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Only god has the power to for give. But good news god for gives all sins big and small.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Romans 6:7: “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” goes along with Romans 6:23 that says the "Wage sin pays is death" once a person has died they have paid for their sins and it's during Christs 1000 year reign that they are judged by what they do at that time without Satan's influence on us.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2010