Activities for 1 year old?

I was just wondering what kind of games/activities you can do with a 1-yr old. I'd love to take her to a park but it's icky out here still, cold, wet, and snowy. Just wondering what you do or have done with someone her age?

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 2:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she walking? We used to do themed walks when it was nice out. Nature theme (name all the nature items), color theme (name all the colors you see), counting themed (count multiples of everything). We used to sit on the floor and play with her toys. Water play is a lot of fun...toys in the tub or a bucket of water on the patio filled with toys. Music/singing/finger plays. Pull all the cushions off the couch and climb/rough house.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• make play dough or take plain yogurt and mix in food coloring for finger paint
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Search your City Parks and Recreation Department - they usually have tons of free/low cost activities or classes going on for little guys.

Answer by missanc at 6:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• when my daughter was that age we play with blocks and colored and we work on the colors of blocks .we also played ball in the house rolling it. it work on her hand and eye coordination
    cvwright21

Answer by cvwright21 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My son is almost 15 months. He loves when I put on music he will dance to it. He doesnt even play with his toys half the time, but he loves his books, and will find new random things to play with like the dishes and such. Its very cold here to so not much to do inside. I try to get him to other peoples houses I know for new things to explore and new kids and people to play with. We are starting a mommy and me swim class next week at the ymca. Wasnt too expensive.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010