Should I trust her?

My mother lost her last child to the foster care system 13 years ago. She lost a total of 4 to the system including myself when I was younger. I now have a 2 week old baby girl and am starting school in 3 weeks. Ill be gone from 6am to 6pm, 3 days a week.
The first time she changed her diaper she did a really bad job, reusing the wipey from her butt on her hoohaa... she blamed it on her nerves cause I was watching over her.
I also notice shes a little off with holding her neck when burping her.
Shes on meds for anti anxiety and I think it delays her reflexes a little bit.
Everyone is telling me to trust her because she had me until I was 8 and I turned out fine. Im just really nervous to leave her with my baby.
Do I trust a stranger or should I trust my mom?
Any advice would be helpful!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you have to ask you already know the answer. Trust your instincts, and don't worry about hurting her feelings.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Agreed.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• hell no
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Ditto
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• no i wouldnt trust her i know shes your mom but the well being of your little baby is more important......if you have friends with babies ask them and see who they use for child care. goodluck
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• No.. you obviously do not trust her.. she sounds unstable.. Hire someone who loves babies/has experience (do interviews) and if you're worried buy a nanny cam - used ones go for cheaper try ebay or craigslist - and have them babysit in your home and monitor them sometimes.
    Anonymous

• Listen to your gut. If you don't feel 100% comfortable find another sitter. Don't worry about hurting her feelings, just tell her you found someone else. Your baby is more important than anyone's feelings or opinions.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• There is a third option, hire somebody to help teach your mom what it is that needs to be done, and that person can report back on how well she does, and after a few weeks if she is ok then let her do it on her own if not then just have a nanny or sitter do it, but if you do a nanny or sitter get a nanny cam, really either way get a nanny cam.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• That's too long of a time to leave such a young child with anyone. Taking care of a 5 week old baby for 12 hours that isn't your own baby has the potential of being really stressful. I take care of my grandson and I have been part of his life since he was born.

Your baby needs you and will only be a baby for a short time.
    Anonymous

• most schools have daycare at the school see if yours does and baby can be there with you and you can check on her in between classes or something if your a single mom you should be able to get it paid for as well
    Anonymous