Facebook users- How do you block facebook from a computer? Will it affect just the person that wants it blocked or the whole computer system itself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not aware of a way to do either of those things.....
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• You can set your firewall to block any application or website. Every firewall is different, so you have to know how to use yours. If you don't have a firewall on your home network then you'll have to get one and set it up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Thanks so it affects the whole computer.
    Anonymous

• The firewall should be installed at the router. It will block the application from all computers using the network. The computer can log on to any other un-blocked network and use the application.

Certain firewall systems can selectively block and password protect sites/ applications. Most kids can hack a firewall in about 10 minutes. You'll need to set up an encryption that is hundreds of bits.

DH does this on our home network to block his siblings from playing world of warcraft when they come visit. They have all tried to hack it. They all failed. He does banking software security. Hack-proof firewalls in the home are very difficult to set up.

I think you will need help doing this. This is really technical stuff.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I have used a Firefox option to limit time spent on sites before, and I'm sure it would have let me block them, too. I can't remember how I did it, though...I probably used Google to find out how, so I'm sure you could do the same.
    Also, I think it might only effect the Windows profile you are using at the time (if you are using profiles).
    Anonymous