Looking for a job I can do from home.

My husband works a strict schedule, and I have issues with sitters myself. So I'm looking for a job that I can do from home. I was thinking child care. But I don't know anyone looking for a sitter. And I also heard Avon was decent. But does it bring in any money? Any sugguestions, ladies?

MelindaFeeney

Asked by MelindaFeeney at 3:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have been with Avon for 27 years and I love it. Yes, you can make money. Avon helped pay for my daughter's wedding. It is a 20.00 online start up fee. My website in c-theavonlady.com. You can make up to 50% of your sales and 12% of any recruit you bring in. It can also be done with any other business you run. If you have any more questions about it, I can answer them and see if this is a business for you.

Ameriplan can also be done from home. The group Working From Home, Changing Lives is run by a lady who does Ameriplan and she seems to do well.

Some other ideas are childcare, dog walking, cleaning houses.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 3:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Hi Melinda,
    I work from home! I can help you work from home too! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 11 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• The majority of what you will find are going to be home business opportunities, many of which are very legit. However, there are many companies out there that do hire home based workers. You just have to know where to look. I have some great information for you on working from home posted on my blog and a list of companies that hire home based workers on my website.

Good Luck in your search!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• And as Corrina said, I am with Ameriplan (that's also my group she sent you too) and love what I do... Here is some information about what I do... IF you have questions, just let me know!

Sabrina

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If you are looking for childcare jobs, then look at Craigslist ... and I saw a link on Career Builders or Jobster ??? that has child care jobs in your area. Also check the local paper.

If you are looking at a Home Biz .. there there are plenty I can direct you to. I have two.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/maryejacobs

Friends do Avon, Watkins, Tupperware, AdvoCare, and FindersKeyPurse ... shoot me a message if you want info on any of these. Many have start up costs from $20-125. Some can be done completely on line.

Others are CandleLite, Pampered Chef, Petra Fashions, Passion Parties, Mary Kay
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 5:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Lots of Jobs here----> REAL JOBS

Work @ Home Success Blog Work @ Home List-HUGE!

click here

Oh I dont like Avon, thier products cause Cancer and they send jobs overseas. People in my area dont do well in Avon,

It really depends on you.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• partylite :) im getting into that to become a consultant this is my friends web thing to it shes also a consultant any questions note me :) (teresa muir) www.partylite.biz/teresamuir
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

•  

You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• The best I've come up with is internet marketing - it requires learning some skills, but it is extremely fun and rewarding when it works - lots of "programs" that will teach you how to get started. Don't let anyone talk you into spending lots of money to get started - there are lots of free and cheap resources. I started by training with Vic; here's a website you could try:

Click For Vic

stephdan

Answer by stephdan at 1:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2010