Do you like homemade soup? If so what kind?

I love homemade soup. Some I'm fond of are Chicken dumpling, Beef Barley, Beer cheese and Potato to name a few. And Chili if that counts! I do like a good split pea as well. I prefer my soups to be comfort food and warm. Not cold soups. What about You?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 3:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Me too!
    My favorite is one that I make based on a recipe for Italian Creamy White Bean Soup.
    I use dry beans (navy, pinto, sometimes split pea) and cook them all day (I add Italian seasoning while the beans are cooking). When they are nearly done, I saute onions, garlic and celery, then add it to the beans with some chicken broth. Then, I take a slotted spoon and remove about 2 cups of the mixture. The rest of the soup I blend until creamy, then add it back to the pot along with the two cups that I had removed. I add a splash of lemon juice, and simmer/keep warm until I'm ready to serve it. It's really heavenly.

Anonymous

• My favorite is minestrone, but I make a roasted red pepper tomato basil soup that I love, navy bean soup, snow pea soup, taco soup. another vegetarian mexican soup, albondigas, my mother's meatball soup, split pea soup, chicken soup of course...with noodles or rice, and sometimes with dumplings.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I like warm soup too. I frequently make homemade chicken soup - I add a can of tomato soup to the broth, brown rice, carrot, rutabaga, peas and lentils. I also make beef and barely soup. Both of those are thick, loaded with meat and veggies and are a full meal in and of themselves.

I also really love cheddar and broccoli soup. One time for Christmas Eve I made a cream of roasted red pepper and sweet potato soup. That was one of the best soups I've ever had.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 4:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• We eat a lot of soups this time of the year. Broccoli and cheese, chili, white chili, white beans soup, veggie soup, chicken and dumplings, beef noodle soup, lentil soup and there are others. All are made from scratch and I make a lot so I can freeze it.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My mom's vegetable soup !! She has one of those old fashioned grinder's ( it's over 50 years old ) to grind all the veggies.. I absolutely HATE peas but I love her split pea soup !! I can't make soup for the life of me so I rely on my mom.. She is the BEST cook ever !!!
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 5:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Chicken tortilla is my favorite homemade soup. I also like good old chicken noodle soup and chili. This sounds gross but my dad was raised on hot dog soup (they were poor) and he makes it occasionally and I really it. It's quite yummy. Really just my dad, one of my brothers and I like it. Haha. My stepmom and other brother don't and my husband won't even try it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• That should say I really *like* it.
    Christina807

• I like chicken noodle but it has to be homeade and homeade noodles and all or I don't like it
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I want to know how to make white bean soup. I love making homemade chicken soup.
    Anonymous

• I only give my family homemade soup - I think I've finally weaned them off the canned stuff ;). The 2 I make the most are potato with lots of veggies and veggie beef. I also make chicken, but only a couple times a year, since I roast my own chicken first & whatnot. Just takes too long to do it more often ;). Chili is about the only other one. My family's kind of picky when it comes to a few things like legumes, so it's hard for me to make a lot since a lot of soup recipes have legumes - I love them and I'm working on the family to eat more of them instead of picking them out! My kids would rather have a casserole, lol!
    Anonymous