Does anyone know of any goverment help(grants,discounts,loans,etc) to buy a home.

We want to move closer to my family.The job market here where I am is dead.So this and a few other personal reasons are why we are moving to another state.
Situation.......I have 3 kids. The oldest one will be starting Kindergarten next year.My dh will also be starting a new job at the same time (I have feelers out for any work)
Please make your answer specific.I don't need any bashing or someone telling me I should have done this or that better.I am just asking for some helpful information.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Check into a USDA loan, and the NACA program...other than that im not sure!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• USDA rural Housing development. It is a long process, it can take months and its a lot of work. You will need some $$. Maybe about 5,000 to be safe....I think it really depends on what state you are moving to?? If you want to pm me I can try to get you more info
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 4:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• There is a program called SHIP, each county has there own version, but all you have to do is take a day long home buyers course and they will give you an interest free loan of up to $40,000. You do not have to pay it back until your mortgage is paid off. Also a USDA loan has low interest rates and does not require a down payment.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• What is a USDA loan?Is there a website for more info/apply ?? What is the NACA program? We are moving to UT.
    Anonymous

• I live in Ut good luck finding work for you :) considering there are no jobs here at all I've been looking for along time..jobs just have not opened up here at all.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• A USDA loan is just one of the many types of home loans, when you are ready to buy and get pre-approval for a loan just tell the agent you want to go with a USDA, if you don't qualify for that FHA is the next best when considering interest and down payment amount.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• What is SHIP ? "There is a program called SHIP, each county has there own version"
    Anonymous

• NACA has a website..its a program that does counseling and really walks you through the steps of home ownership and everything. its NACA.com....i didnt think about your location so im not sure if its available. Check out the site to see...im going to a meeting in March unless i go into labor first!! I know people who have used the program and bought a house recently and they swear by it, and they are people i trust, so im going to c heck it out for myself! You dont pay money upfront or anything so its worth a shot!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2010