I am looking for a maternity dress can anyone give me advice?

My husband and I have our Military ball 5 days before my due date i have no idea what to wear! I haven't had to buy any maternity clothes but i know i can't wear a regular dress but have no idea how to shop for a maternity dress.

Alyson_Torres09

Asked by Alyson_Torres09 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I believe that most maternity shops have formal wear available to you. I would go and ask, also go to a dress shop they may be able to help fit a dress to you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If you'd rather wear a "regular" dress then find a dress shop and ask for an Empire Waist. Find a dress that flows well and won't cling to your stomach. ;) They can usually make small adjustments so the dress will look like its made for you.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 5:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• That is a common thought that all maternity dresses are empire waist when in fact they aren't they make them in all designs but a dress shop will form whichever style to fit your body.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• go to a bridal shop, they will help you. when preggers i never wore a single maernity outfit. i wear a size med in shirts so when i got bigger i just wore a large and as for jeans ans what not i wore a bigger size than i did and sweat pants or yoga pants, i never wore a dress preggers my guess is go to a bridal shop an d they will help u
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I was in a wedding when I was 7 months pregnant - I recommend going to a formal shop and asking them. I ended up ordering a large size in the dress (fortunately it was a style that is generally "forgiving" in the belly area anyway, since a couple of the bridesmaids were larger girls), and then had a tailor take in where it wasn't needed.

Answer by missanc at 7:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I found a really nice dress from JCPenny's It's not a maternity dress but it's a slinky, stretchy fabric. I got it a size or 2 larger and it fits REALLY nice! Other than that, Motherhood Maternity has some great dresses!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• What2WearWhere (a blog/shopping website that I adore) recently accrued a new blogger who focuses on maternity fashion. She posts adorable things! I had my fourth recently and I am sooooo upset that she wasn't on staff while I was pregnant! You can see her posts here: http://www.what2wearwhere.com/blog/category/ZOE-MAMA.aspx I hope that helps! :)

SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 4:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2010