I need some advice... please.

I have this male friend that I haven't seen for years... we have been texting on and off for the past couple of months and he has been asking me to go visit him. I have never driven out of town by myself which means that I don't know how to drive in the big city. I was going to try and go up there this week but I got a flat tire and have to get new ones before I can go anywhere. I suggested he come down here and he said he might. He asked me about us spending time together without my son around... I told him while my son is in school, we can hang out. He talks about cuddling and making out so that has me kinda worried cause I don't want that to be the only reason for his visit. He asked me about where he can sleep. I told him my couch or I can get him a room. My son will be home in the afternoon and I never have guys over so I don't know what to do... he will be driving for 6 hrs to come visit. What should I say or do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• well maybe this guy could come on a the weekend and some could watch ur kid
    KaylaPollard

Answer by KaylaPollard at 6:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I would switch the terms of the visit to keeping it that he visits you and stay in a hotel. He seems a bit pushy. If he really wants to renew a friendship let it be slowly and he'll come down and won't mind a hotel. If he says outright that he really wanted to stay w/u to know u better or if he back out rightaway or before due arrival, then he just wants more than a respectful relationship and he's not worth it.

Respect yourself first so you can teach respect to your son.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• This is a booty call no doubt about, so you need to decide if you are okay with that or not. Personally, any guy who is only interested in that can take a long walk in the opposite direction. He hasn't seen you in years, you've never even kissed and he's already pushing about getting rid of your son and where he's gonna sleep.
    If you want someone to treat you with respect, you have to first treat yourself with some respect... and this is not going to help.
    Tell him to not come unless he has made his own sleeping arrangements... not your bed
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I think there is no doubt he is looking for sex. People just looking for friendship don't tell you to find some place to send your son when they are around. You don't cuddle and make out if you are just friends. If you aren't ready for sex tell him that there can be no physical contact. Better yet tell him to stay at a hotel.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I agree. It's a booty call.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• 6 hours for a booty call? I think he wants to get to know you better
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• yes it's a long way to drive, but he's already making sexual presumptions based on an old friendship and some text messages.It's a booty call!
    If that is okay with OP then plan your weekend around that, if it is not okay, then tell him it's purely a friendship visit, and absolutely nothing else will be happening, and your son will be with you for the weekend not negotiable... if he still comes then you might have the beginning of something.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2010