Would you be confused by this too?

My husband said he would be ok with me having guy friends if they were mutual friends. He would even be ok with me hanging out with them alone if he knew them...BUT he says that if he wanted to have girls as friends he would just want to be able to. He would see no problem taking them to the movies even if I didn't know them or felt comfortable with it. What is with this double standard? Would you go for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• hell no, thats wrong.
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• not in this house.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Hell no. He's stupid for saying that and you're stupid if you let him do that.
    Anonymous

• It's double standard by both of you and he's playing you for a fool against the standards you told him you set for him.

Honor each other if you want to have a respectful marriage.

If you want to step out with guy friends he's saying he's gonna step out with girl friends who'll likely end up girlfriends.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Ask him why he wanted to be married.....marriage usually means monogamy and he needs to know what his role should be. A husband takes his WIFE to the movies. I don't think it is helathy for either of you to hang out with the opposiie sex.
    Anonymous

• why do you need to do this at all. My DH knows my friends, I know his and neither of us would dream of going out to the movies with someone of the opposite sex if the other partner wasn't coming too. I can't recall one time when I went anywhere with a guy, or he with a girl... there's just no need and it is tempting fate or asking for accusations and mistrust.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't like his double standard. That said, I see no reason someone can't be friends with someone of the opposite sex. I've always had guy friends and girl friends. Doesn't matter. Honestly, if I'm going to cheat it wouldn't be with one of my guy friends. It would be with someone complete separate from my life, one that could never get back to my husband. Also, I do not care that he has female friends or they have lunch together during the week or whatever. We've been married 14 years and i have no reason to trust him. Stifling someone is the fastest course to cheating and I refuse to do it or have it done to me.

Opposite sex does not automatically lead to having sex.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 6:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• A HUGE red flag just popped up when I read your question. What does he really want?
    iluvtea

Answer by iluvtea at 6:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Taking girls to the moveis, whether you know them or not, is a date and that is not ok for a married man to do...period, end of story. He is inviting trouble into your marriage.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• "He would see no problem taking them to the movies"

Did he us that word?  Taking out someone of the opposite sex is a date!  You do not take out friends...you meet up with them.  You take out people you plan to have sex with.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2010