What's wrong with NOT shopping at thrift stores?

I don't look down on anyone who does, in fact I could care less, but why is it a problem if I can afford to buy new things and prefer to do so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its a waste of money and funds chinese sweat shops, if you want to argue.
    Anonymous

• Who said it was???? I have plenty of money but I enjoy it for the hunting aspect of it..I don't so much buy clothes but books and artsy type stuff..So if I can get a book for 1.00 instead of 15.00 I'm all for it, then I return the book back to the thrift shop..Its called recycling..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• And if I don't feel that I am wasting the money that I worked for what is the problem then?
    Anonymous

• To each, their own. I couldn't care less...unless in the long run the person who has to buy new starts complaining about money
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 7:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• like i said on the other post about this. i dont look down on anyone for buying second hand but yes someone has to buy it first hand. i have found that stores like target have sales that are very close to the price you pay for something at a thrift shop.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If you only buy new and say no to doing activities with your kids that would enrich their lives due to lack of funding then yes it is a n issue. Second hand clothes are not as terrible as people think. You just have to be picky about the places, but second hand shopping helps fund more important things.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Theres nothing wrong with it!
    Anonymous

• Nothing, I really don't care where anyone shops. It;s their money
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I consider it wasteful, but, whatever rocks your boat.
    Anonymous

______________________________________

i have a relative who buys all not only new, but expensive name brand clothing for her and her son (nothing wrong with it) but can not pay her bills. Electricity and water is always getting cut off...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2010