how can i get my 5 month old to not scream during bath time

he has yet to not scream & every bath is a struggle

Aidensmommy0925

Asked by Aidensmommy0925 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep the soap and shampoo out of his eyes. I am always at a loss as to why these poor babies have to have their eyes stung by soap. I always washed my kids hair when they were lying on the counter in the kitchen with their heads back ,then the soap or shampoo runs off the backs of their heads and stays out of their eyes. THEN their bath will be a fun.painless experience.
    Anonymous

• Well if your using one of those baby tubs place a small towel underneath him and one over him. I always get in the tub with my DD. I'd place her on my legs and wash her. Now that she's older (20 months), I still get in with her, but she does her own thing. She gets scared if I get out of the tub.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• ..Oh , also if I sing whenever she's nervous it seems to calm her. I just sing twinkle twinkle little star or ABC's over and over.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• idk if this will help but my son hated the bath til I got one of those bubble blowing machines he loved it after that
    Hbabygirl476

Answer by Hbabygirl476 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Don't give him a bath. Babies don't have to have baths. One of my sons had tactile sensitivities and didn't take baths until he was 3.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Try bathing with him. That worked for me.
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 7:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• or a shower with him?
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 7:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My son hated taking a bath in the little baby tub so we put him in the shower with one of us for the longest time.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2010