Ideas?

how do u find NEW ideas on how to do ur hair and makeup, not a big hair and makeup girl but would like to start doing something to my hair and wear some makeup.

and anyone got ideas for make up that doesnt make ur skin break out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you don't typically wear any makeup, I would go very neutral so that you can transition into it without feeling overwhelmed. A light lip gloss/lipstick, a subtle pinkish blush, mascara, bronzer, a sheer foundation/pressed powder or concealer. Less is more when it comes to makeup. Going off of the Fashion Week trends, less is more in 2010. You want the makeup to accentuate your strong features, not overwhelm them. So if you have great lips you may want to go for spicing up the lips. Or if it is your eyes that you want to pop I would go for a light shimmer to highlight right below your brow and a slightly darker, brown/tan for your crease. A great trick is to take the lighter color you use to highlight your brow, and put a little dab on the inside corner of your eye and right in the center of the lid to really add that extra pop. I listed my faves below:
    Bare Escentuals Buxom Gloss, Laura Mercier Concealer, MAC Eyeshadow
    THEhappyhourmom

Answer by THEhappyhourmom at 7:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I wrote out a whole big answer and it got lost somehow.. anyway..Check out TLC what not to Wear, It has great tips in make-up and hair( I'd dvr it because that part airs at the last 15 min)..also go to youtube, then "how to" then search make-up. Good brushes are a must: Studio gear liner brush 18.00..Mac stippling brush 40.00 ( I have 2, one for blush, one for powder foundation), Mac fan brush 25.00( this is for highlighting the tops of your cheekbones to your temple, the brush mean everything for the light effect), you'll get the idea from youtube...just search highlighting and make-up. I know the brushes seem expensive put they're like a painters brush, quality is everything and if you take care of them, they'll last forever. If you use any kind of liquid(except eye liner, use the liner brush to soften), blush, concealer, or foundation, but a package of those sponges for like four dollars, to blend and soften.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Also Make-up alley.com is a great site for product reviews from regular people. TLC Carmendy from what not to wear will really give you the gist of what it is to be a modern day women with a polished ( not overdone) look. Just keep in mind the age and skin texture of their guest when watching and when someone is similar to you pay attention.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Go to a department store makeup counter and ask them. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i go to us.glamour.com and find great ideas! if your hair is long enough i like this one. put your hair in a ponytail, then braid the ponytail, wrap the braid around the pny tail, letting the braid a little loose, any tendrils that fall out just make it all the better, then secure with bobby pins. hope i wrote that clear enough, it looks really cool, and this ballerina trend for hair is really big right now. my hair isnt long enough to do it, but the pic i saw of it was really great
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• there are a lot of websites.. like hairfinder.com that will let you upload your photo to try on new looks for hair.. it will also give great tips on make up and hair styles, etc. Aside from that... I can't give you any tips without a photo. You can pm me if you'd like to talk about different colors that would work with your skin tone, eye color, and hair color.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• After reading and answering your question, I was inspired to write a post. You can view it here:

http://happyhourmom.com/2010/02/makeup-tips-inspired-by-cafemom-q-a-thehappyhourmom/trendy-styles-for-kids/
    THEhappyhourmom

Answer by THEhappyhourmom at 5:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The only makeup I can ware is Bare Minerals foundation. (without breaking out)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I can help you with a new make up look! I teach skin care and color applications with Mary Kay. I can help you with a very natural to very dramatic customized color look based on your eye, hair and skin tone colors. You can also visit my website for a FREE virtual makeover! PM me for the special I give Cafemom's. www.marykay.com/ahenderson1  Have fun but I am here to help you.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 6:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2010