Falling asleep...

Are you one of the lucky ones who can just place your head on your pillow and pass out (well...I guess that wouldn't be so lucky considering you'd be seriously sleep deprived) or do you need to read first or watch tv ec..?
I can not sleep with the light on and I have to watch FRIENDS. As long as the light's off I would be asleep before the opening credits were over.
My daughter HAS to have her stories on otherwise she will not sleep (found out the hard way when I didn't bring her cd when we went out of town).
Is anyone else like that?!?

baboluchi56

Asked by baboluchi56 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I can not sleep with lights on or any door open in my room. If it was up to me I would not have window in my bed room. I do not like the light coming in from the windows.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My daughter is like that. Her mind is constantly thinking, so unless she has her stories on she will lay in bed for hours thinking about everything under the sun. We are trying to work on different things to help her sleep. I am the same way. I guess it works out that I only lay down when I am so exhausted and ready to pass out. If not I HAVE to have the TV on. It's always better when there is nothing good on, otherwise I find myself trying to stay awake to see the end of the show, LOL. (Property Virgin is usually on late night, so it tends to put me out and I always wake up wondering if they got the house they wanted, haha)
    THEhappyhourmom

Answer by THEhappyhourmom at 7:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I read to our boys every night before bed.. It helps them relax. I also read every night, if I don't I have a hard time relaxing.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I don't have to do anything to fall asleep (can't sleep with the tv or anything on, or anything like that). But I just lay in bed and toss & turn for forever before falling asleep. Hubby lays down and is gone. Makes me mad. Even if I take a sleep aid I can't fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time.
    Anonymous

• I need it to be dark and quiet. Even the hall light bothers me. If the neighbor's dog is barking forget about it. I can not sleep if I'm too hot, either. No wonder I'm always tired!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• It depends. When my boyfriend isn't home, I need the TV on. I set the timer so it will go off after I'm asleep. If he's home, all I need is his arms around me. He can't stand to have the TV on, so it's a good thing I don't need it when he's here. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2010