Ladies, how REAL is PMS to you?

This ignoramus of a man I unfortunately coupled and reared children with doesn't BELIEVE in PMS! He thinks it's just something WE say as an excuse when WE act crazy! He thinks MEN should be able to use PMS as a defense in cases where crimes of passion are being considered. That's how this argument started, by the way. But it's SO frustrating because whenever I snap at him or tell him to leave me the hell alone b/c I'm PMSing, he has some ignorant retort! Either he's not trying to hear that, or I better get over it! Yes, Asshole is the word that comes to mind! But this boy grew up in a house full of women and is convinced that we are just apt to act crazy period. It has nothing to do with what time of the month it is, or the fact that we bleed, cramp, bloat, + swing up and down on our emotional swings. He's perfectly CLUELESS and I need some SPACE b/c I'm PMSing today!
MOMS: suggestions on how to get away w/out going anywhere?

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I get severe PMS...my mood swings are very severe. Its like a rollarcoaster. You are not alone. I actually went back on the B.C. pill to help with my moodiness
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 12:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• A long hot bath!!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i personally dont believe in pms either...i've never had it..now im not saying ive never been bitchy..lol..cuz lord knows i have...but, i dont blame my bitchiness on pms
    Anonymous

• I never really experienced PMS..I may get a little irritated and my boobs hurt but nothing too extreme..Maybe you should try yoga or something..

Anonymous

• SERIOUSLY!? Mine is SO bad! Some say it's gets worse with every baby you deliver, and I have four. I get SO moody and irritable, I'm bloated, crampy, irritated beyond words by every little thing that goes wrong! I'm laughing one minute and crying the next (when I'm NOT intoxicated), and I drive myself crazy 4 days out of every month! I despise anything that even resembles a penis because Adam was dumb enough to bite the friggin apple! And if you believe that's the reason God punished women (one of our natural talents is the ability to manipulate men) then surely you must feel the same. We get to create life, but we suffer through it. Each and every time! And when we aren't creating life, we have our menstrual cycle that we also must suffer through! TELL me I'm not crazy! My only consolation, all these years, was that every other woman goes through the same thing. I'm riveted right now!
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Orgasms are great for PMS especially cramping . Truth, not joking.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I get PMS too. I get bloated to where my jeans are really tight around my belly and I get super hungry and also moody! Ever since I gave birth my period is a lot different too. Great. lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I think that there is definitely a time during the month when we feel poorly. I also believe that we are still responsible for our behaviour, regardless. Just because you don't feel well doesn't give you the right to act like an imbecile. It's never ok to act crazy just because you're on your period. Have some self control, for fucks sakes.

It's not ok when your children throw temper tantrums - despite what they may feel, right?

That same rule applies to everyone, all the time.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 9:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Okay ourbabykins so for those us that suffer from PMDD we should just suck it up and behave ourselves? I have PMDD and get extremely moody and have severe physical symptoms (sometimes I have been puking from the pain) for a week before and have to take medication to alleviate it. It is a hormonal imbalance in my brain and there is no "self control for f&*&s sake!!!!!! Some women do use PMS as an excuse, but there are plenty of others who truly do have a hard time of it. Oh and in my book it is okay that my toddler or preschooler throws a tantrum when they are overwhelmed with emotion.
    Anonymous

• The first period i had after having my son was the worst pain i have ever experienced its weird but if i pull my pup up to my belly and lay with her in a fetal position the warmth from her body takes the cramps away
    Anonymous