8 week old constantly wants to be sitting up. Is there anything I can get to put him in that lets him sit up but supports his head?

He does really well with supporting his head just not perfect at it yet. He hates his bouncer and swing cause he is laying down more than sitting up. He loves looking out the windows... I was hoping someone could give me some advice on something to sit him in so he can stay in front of the windows while I get things done around the house :D.. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well get a swing that would sit him up my swing sits forward and leans back i wouldnt get a bumbo those just look like they would mess a babies posture up or get a wrap and sit him up in that
    Anonymous

• we have a swing... It doesnt adjust :(

He only likes to be in it while going to sleep
    Anonymous

• Do you mean that he likes to be held and walked around? I can't imagine you mean actually sitting up that early do you? The Fisher Price swing we have has baby in a somewhat sitting up position - I agree with the poster above that a Bumbo probably wouldn't work for a baby that small....when my dd was 8 weeks old she spent most of her time in her Boppy Lounger pillow and she loved it....she fit into that until about 5 months or so.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My DD loved sitting in a bumbo seat, she was small enough it supported her head, and once she was above that then she didn't need the dead support.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• look around on craigslist and find another swing i have two of them one that doesnt adjust and one that does it's a bigger one the smaller one i have is a travel one which he really only sleeps in but the bigger one is like a highchair/ swing and it adjust to three different you can get swings pretty cheap on craigslist so look around on there
    Anonymous

• I used the car seat. The handle dropped down in the back quite far, sitting the seat up nicely, so I'd strap my baby in, use the head propper thing like I normally would for going out, and they could see everything - plus being strapped in meant they were safer than just sitting there. I usually had it on the floor to see what was going on in the room, but you could put it in the middle of a big table too, and keep a close eye on baby.
    Anonymous

• We took a boppy pillow and but a blanket kind of propped in the middle but indented so my daughter would fit and not fall out. She was the same way. Had to constantly be like that, even asleep she had to be propped up. Worked until she figured out how to roll over at 3 months.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• We used the carseat too. It propped up nicely so she could see what was going on around her. We usually put a blanket in it and then set her in, but there were times when I would strap her in (if I needed to do some housework or something)
    Our carseat fit nicely across the top of the Pack-n-Play, we rested it there alot, since it raised her up closer to our level, and she got a different view.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My son was like that, I just learned to do stuff one-handed. lol
    Anonymous