A sex question...

I am 22 weeks pregnant with twins and I have been having BH contractions for a while now ... but it seems to happen most at night.... which is kinda interfering with the sex life. LoL. I usually end up not wanting to have sex because I'm always having BH at night and I'm not sure if we should have sex WHILE I'm already having BH contractions. I don't know if it matters or not.... so .... my question is ... have any of you ever had sex WHILE having BH contractions?

If so, did anything happen? I have just been really worried about pre-term labor with this pregnancy and I don't want to do anything that would increase our risk.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your having a normal pregnancy . Having sex with BH is perfectly fine. But, being pregnant with twins I would be a little cautious. Not saying don't do it at all just be careful! lol But, to answer your questions its perfectly ok to have sex if your having BH contractions! Congrats on the twins!!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• With twins you should be careful and be on bed rest and stop having sex..

Anonymous

• So far, my doctor has not recommended either of those things... I am even still working ... but I'm down to 20 hrs a week instead of 40. My doctor said that just because you are pregnant with twins, that doesn't mean you will DEFINITELY have to go on bed rest. It just depends... every pregnancy is different.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I worked 30 hours a week on my feet all 8-10 hour shifts and I had my twins at 38 weeks and they were great and we had sex often atleast 3-4x a week, I din't have BH that early, when I had them I was to scared to have sex so we just called it a night if the BH were happening. I have to tell you morning sex was a great thing when BH were happening at night. I really think that you should ask your doctor about having sex while BH are happening and see what he/she has to say.
    Anonymous

• Sex will cause contractions. You run the risk of preterm labor. BUT if your doctor has said it's ok then go ahead. It really depends on your history and all that. Me personally I wouldn't risk it. Especially with twins.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i did and nothing happened. but like you said, every pregnancy is different.

this time, i feel crampy after sex already (19 weeks). i asked my doctor and she said it was normal, but if it got PAINFUL and felt like contractions to stop and call.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2010