Does it matter if their birthdays are around the same time?

My husband and I are trying to conceive our 2nd child and this was going to be my last month trying because my daughter's due date was December 31, 2008 but she was born January 6, 2009 and I didn't want both of my children to have the same due date months or even the same birth months.
Would that matter to you? Can I have some opinions??

makenzimommy09

Asked by makenzimommy09 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It didn't matter to us. Baby #2 is due less than a month from our DD. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 8:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• you never know how long it might take to get pregnant so really you may end up that way regardless.
    Anonymous

• My hubs and his brother have birthdays 3 days apart, my cousins 2 girls are in the same month, and my older 2 boys are a week apart. Personally I like the fact that they are in the same month- especially when it comes to celebrating the birthdays. We have a together party and invite the family, and a few of their friends. Then on their birthday the birthday boy celebrates his special day. My kids love it as they feel like they have 2 birthdays.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I was born on my brother's birthday (his 1st actually LOL)

one good thing I can think of is when it was my daughter's birthday in July, my son had a bit fit since it wasn't his birthday. My husband looked at my mom and asked "How'd you deal with this?" her: "I didn't have to" LOL so birthday parties were easier.

I never had any problems sharing a birthday. I jokingly tell people that I was his 1st birthday present and he's been trying to return me ever since ;o)

Parties were funner because we had twice as many guests since we each got to invite people.
    Mom only had 1 party to plan and clean up after

I really don't see a reason why it would be bad to have kids close in birthdays actually...
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I think it'd be ok... My son was born the day before my 21st birthday and it's actually nice to celebrate together, and I imagine you could have some really cool birthday parties if you had 2 kids birthdays in the same month! Plus, it may take shorter/longer than you anticipate to get pregnant.... I thought it'd take 3-6 months to get pregnant with our second and it only took us one, so you never really know.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• continued....
    Another good thing about having same month babies was re-using the baby clothes. Since they were both boys (and not too much difference in their size/weight) I could re-use my oldests outgrown clothes and they were the right size for right season of year. I did not have to buy very many new items.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My husband & his brother have the same exact b-day, one yr apart. They have always thought it was neat.
    Anonymous

• My DD's bday is July 2 and her brother is due July 14th. I am just making sure to have a bday fund so they have separate parties and their own special day.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My birthday is October 19th and my son's is October 20th..I don't mind sharing a birthday with him. However, my brother Mike was born on April 30th and my other brother Jim was born on April 12th. Mike is older than Jim by three years and has always said that his birthday should be first since older. I would want my kids to have their own birthdays.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Well it depends on you and what you want for your family and also the children may love it or hate it. My sister was born premature 2 days before I turned 2 and I hated it growing up. DH and his brother and sister are within 2 weeks of each other and the boys loved it, but his sister hated it. My parents tried to have our friend parties a week apart and the family party was the day between our birthdays. I actually share my father's birthday and that was neat. My children are 25 months apart and I like having almost a month to plan the second party.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2010