Was your second pregnancy very different from your first?

My first was easy...I'm scared my second won't be!! :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ohhh Yeahh!n My first I lost 22 pounds because I was so sick and I was hospitalized 6 or 7 times. My second is going smoothly so far and I am at 21 weeks, I lost a bit of weight at first because of sickness, but I am doing great now! Good Luck with your second, hopefully it will be easy!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Mine were both the same in the sense that my kids were both healthy, Jaundice, no epidural, vaginal births, and I had heartburn and morning sickness with both.

Different- My 1st was 10 days early, a little smaller, very fast delivery, and my placenta had to be physically removed afterward. My second- I had Preeclampsia, had to be induced on my due date 'cause of my high blood pressure, and the ultra sound was wrong about her being a boy...=)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 9:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I refer to my first pregnancy as the pregnancy from Heaven because it was very easy, and my 2nd pregnancy was the pregnancy from Hell because it took me 5 years to get pregnant in the first place, then I had gestational diabetes, and his delivery was difficult. In any case, I love both of my kids more than anything!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• my first was SOOO easy its ridiculous.

this time has been MUCH harder.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• ah now your all scareing me! lol. ive been thinking about this for weeks! This will be my third pregnancy the first i lost, the second a breeze except labor and now im scared to get pregnant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Mine were both very similar, only sick once in the beginning with both, gained 60lbs with both, both induced at 37 weeks, both born at 7:30 at night. With the first I had high blood pressure, and needed some extra tests and things and the labor was longer, I pushed for an hour and a half to have her. With my second, I pushed 3 times and she "jumped" into the dr.'s arms! LOL
    dragntears

Answer by dragntears at 6:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Mine were similar, but different. I've never had a day of morning sickness with either. With my first I felt great, besides being tired, until the last trimester when I got the low back pain and leg cramps. I don't remember feeling the back pain, leg pain, vagina pain, tail bone pain.....that I feel now with my second. My husband said "Boy, you say you love being pregnant but it does not sound like it." I do love it, but the second time around is harder on your body. My OB told me that most women would feel 9 months pregnant at 6 months pregnant with their second and third and so on, so that made me feel better and not as much of a baby!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 9:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2010