i need some good ideas while i am on bedrest to keep me busy! any suggestions???

mommyVikki

Asked by mommyVikki at 9:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I was on bedrest for 4 months I took up knitting. I knitted my heart out, to my families horror. Since that child was born...I haven't knitted once. LOL. Do you like scrapbooking, embroidery, writing calligraphy....choose something new you want to learn that takes lots of practise.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• im starting to do tie blankets, hats, scarves, etc since i am not all that sewing inclined and I think the tie ones are cute anyways. Also jewelery beading (make a few mommy necklaces if you are planning to breast feed as well). GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm sorry you have to be on bedrest, it's no fun at all (well maybe the first few days are nice..lol). I was on bedrest for 3 months. I did a lot of crossword puzzles, scrapbooking, my grandma taught me to knit. I also reverted back to my kindergarten days and colored in coloring books.. Ha! I made labels for just about every item I owned, that was about the most organized i've ever been. Being bored can lead you to do odd things.. lol.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 9:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• read some good books!!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If you can get or have a laptop or netbook I play on Pogo.com. it is a free game website with tons of fun games that can distract you for hours. I was not on bedrest per say, but I had to limit activity due to high bloodpressure so I would crochet, got a supscritption to Netflix, did scrapbooking, cross stich, read all books I wanted to read becasue I knew it would be a long time before I was going to be able to have the time to read after the baby was born. Quilting is a good activity to do while sitting.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• thank you ladies so much i hope these twins get good and strong so i can get off this bed rest i miss doing and going
    mommyVikki

Answer by mommyVikki at 12:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2010