Moms that work how do you...

Manage to get the house work done, cook, grocery shop and um homework? Who picks the kids up from schhol? Lol Right now Im a SAHM but when our daughter starts school I will most likely go back to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good for you! Good luck!!
    I found a job where I can work 3PM-midnight 4 nights a week. So on my 3 days off is when I do the mopping, vacuuming and grocery shopping (my hubby and I grocery shop together) And the days I do work I take my oldest to school, and then come home and take care of the youngest, clean and do laundry. Pick up the oldest at 1:30, come home and change for work, take them to my moms and my hubby picks em up an hour later when he gets off work.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 9:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i'm a colorist in a booth-rental shop, so i'm my own boss, and able to set my own hours. therefore, i drop off/pick up ds from school myself. the housework/cleaning/laundry is done continually, so as not to pile up and need a major overhaul. grocery shopping gets done on the weekend. if i don't cook the evening meal, we eat out for dinner. church on sunday mornings is out by 1045am, so we still have all day sunday to do anything needful or, more time for fun. its not that big a deal, really.
    i've always found that if you keep the house picked-up, as in putting things away when you're done with them or while not in use, they aren't cluttering things up. there's no reason to have a messy house all the time, if you have everyone pick up after themselves, whether its snacks, toys, schoolbooks, shoes/jackets, whatever.
    when times get nasty and stressful, you DO just let some things go, and enjoy your family, over housework.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• When I worked, my husband did all that. He was a SAHD.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I am in the Navy, pregnant with a toddler at home, and go to school at night for my LPN. It is hard, and I have to say that housework has been put on the back burner! My husband helps when he can, but it is "hard" for him to take care of our daughter and multitask with anything else! But he is a man...I wouldn't worry too much, just take it a day at a time when the time comes...
    Anonymous

• We live close enough to where the youngest two can walk home from school and I take them on my way to work in the morning. The oldest is home when they get home. As far as groceries I get them on my way home from work as needed or my husband and I get up on Saturday mornings and go get them while the kids sleep. Cleaning we do everyday as needed and clean from top to bottom on the weekend. My kids are older so everyone helps. When my children were daycare age I would drop them off and my husband would pick them up. Eventually you will find a routine that works for you.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 10:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2010