How can i get more energy with out having to drink any enery drinks?

I am a single stay at home mom of 3, but i often see myself very tired. I want to get up and be a super active mom but sometimes i just can't. I don't know if the stress of me going thru a divorce for over 3 yrs is causing this but i need to put a stop to it since my kids are growing and i dont want them to get this image of me..please advice..thanks in advace!!

Asked by Angie827 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• Wow, no wonder you have no energy! Stress is a huge energy-zapper. Quick fixes: drink more water, eat the RIGHT foods (a good balance of proteins, carbs and good fats, whole grain food, fruit), do yoga.
    Long-term: You have to take time for yourself and if you can't get away from the kids, find ways to get away mentally. Since you stay home with your kids, you might get into a rut which is boring and energy-draining. Change up your routine, set up some activities where your kids can entertain themselves so you have some downtime, like setting up the sprinkler.
    Good luck.

Answer by ASU94 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I used Arbonne's Prolief Natural Balancing Creme and it really helped to balance out my hormones and gave me more energy less moodiness etc. I have also used their detox products and they help too. Check out the new SeaSource 7-day Body Cleanse. I have not used it yet because it is new and I am currently pregnant but I plan to as soon as the baby is born. Also good vitamins help a lot. Arbonne's Smart Nutritional Hybrids are great and they come in daily packs to make it easier to remember to take them.

Answer by rasbneon at 12:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• If you have insurance and think there could be an underlying cause to your tiredness then go see a doctor about it. Other than that make sure you are getting enough sleep, take a vitamin, eat healthy, stay away from sugars unless they are natural sugars like from fruits.

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Check with your doctor to see if you fit clinical depression. There could be a med to help you come out of it and find your energy again.

Exercise helps. Also, wheatgrass juice worked wonders for my energy level.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• A couple of things.........make an appt. with the doctor just to rule out Thyroid and Anemia (these are big deals and pretty common). Then, if that isnt it, try eliminating bread products (flour products) for a few days, and eat LOTS of fresh fruit all day long, such as handmade fruit salads. It works as a natural diuretic too! Hope this helps!

Answer by Elizabethsmilez at 12:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Make sure you're eating enough protein in your diet, that is the best nutritional component to increase your energy levels and keep them up for the longest period of time. Try this smoothie recipe with protein powder in it -

Answer by healthygirl0913 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008