My daughter is not wanting to eat she is 11 months old and has not eaten what she normally does. What should I do?

Serenitysmom69

Asked by Serenitysmom69 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From about 11-13 months we had a struggle with our baby's eating. She used to eat great as a baby, whatever I gave her, and then all of a sudden she got picky and didn't want everything she was given and quit eating as much. Well, I felt a lot better once I learned that it's normal that age to slow down in the amount of food they eat. They don't need as much food as they did when they were little babies, and it's normal to start to get particular and test new things. Just keep at it, keep giving her new thing AND things she definitely likes. After trying all sorts of things we found some "staples" she would always eat, like scrambled eggs with cheese (w pureed broc. and cauliflower for a nutrition boost), fruit, bread w/ peanut butter, cheese cubes, sweet potato fries and sweetened carrots. Hope that helps. She's eating much better now. Also make sure she isn't getting too full on liquids or snacks during the day.
    Asloml

Answer by Asloml at 9:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• You know, I went through the same thing with my son. He is now 17 months old and is picking back up on his eating habits. I honestly think they eat when the are hungry and they eat more when they are going through a growth spurt Thats what our doctor says. Kids don't need as much food as we do. As long as she is eating a little bit and drinking lots of fluids you don't have anything to worry about.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• how much milk does she drink? my son still goes through that it got better after i took the sippy cups away
    candeeapple

Answer by candeeapple at 12:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Thank you for your help she had an ear infection.
    Serenitysmom69

Answer by Serenitysmom69 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2010